• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is this a good campaign idea?

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Draethen Vontrair said:
The City-bug can be killed in a fight, but not from the ground. You have to get into the cave system in the structure of whatever on its back and get into its insides.

I believe there was a Dungeon adventure where you have to do something very much like this. I think it was gnolls on a giant lizard with massive howdahs. Anybody remember which issue that was?

zakon

First Post
Switched the villian up a bit. The villians are basically templates added to a sort of "Base" villian and their all really tough, anthromorphic bugs. The weakest one the PCs will be fighting without his devestation beetle around level 15, and with his devestatioin beetle around 30.

Sandain

Explorer
Don't forget the 'Worm that walks' template.

Around 2 years ago I gave Piratecat some info that was all relating to flies and maggots, including a living castle made of fly-blown corpses on top of a flying and plane-shifting devastation fly.

I statted out thier leader, her backstory, and some other crunch and ideas. It is found on pages 25-27 of Piratecats Rogue gallery thread called 'Challenging my high-lvl group'.

Storyteller01

First Post
Not sure if they still have it, but Wizards had were-bugs as templates on their site. For humanoids and giants only. If they don't, I can type them up for you if you're interested.

Anyone remember the movie 'Mimic'? ;) These guys are worse...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads