• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is this feat balanced?

Varius

First Post
I was looking for a feat that was kind of like Improved shield bash and Large and In Charge, for any creature.

I was just wondering if this was balanced?

Prerequisites: Str 17+, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush

Benifit: If you score more than 20 points of damage on a melee attack, you may attempt to knock an apponent away from you. It is an automatic bullrush attempt, but you do not move with the opponent. You also do not get an AoO for the opponent leaving your threatened area. The opponent cannot move more than your movement back.

Special: You get +1 bonus to your opposed roll for every 5 points of damage you inflict on the attack.

So, is it balanced, or maybe I should raise the prerequisites?

[Edit] - Changed 16 str to 17 str

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
Varius said:
I was just wondering if this was balanced?

Prerequisites: Str 16+, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush

No comment on balance, but ability score prerequisites should be odd. Has to do with getting bonuses on even numbers, and access to stuff on odds.

Valicor

First Post
Looks Good. Maybe i'll take this to.

One quick question though: Shouldne't it be 20 damage or more not, more than 20 damage?

Last edited:

Steven McRownt

First Post
Varius said:
Special: You get +1 bonus to your opposed roll for every 5 points of damage you inflict on the attack.

It seems that this "+1 is for every 5 points of damage you inflict on the attack" is over the base 20, isn't it?

I like it. I will let my dwarven fighter take a look on it!

Steven McRownt

Crothian

First Post
15 might not be bad, but 10 is too low. It's to easy to get ten or higher as your minium damage. That makes these types of feats automatic.

starwolf

First Post
I'd also make it only applicable to large or two-handed weapons

(sorry but I can't envision a rogue knocking back an opponent with a measly little dagger.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads