Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
Willium reports that a crack company of the Ironshield League is being assembled for deployment to Tregere. They specialize in garrison duty with the added bonus of training all their troops in not only defense operations, but archery as well.

J. Alexander

First Post
Thank you Willum your efforts are much appreciated.

Letter to Gaspar dePettipone

Mr. dePettipone,

It is with a heavy heart that I read your letter as I realize my hopes of a quick and peaceful settlement are not to be had. I do hope that your efforts on my behalf will meet with success over time but there will reach a point that I will suspend the operations of Tergere while still maintaing my control over the tobacco crop and my friedhsips whit the locals and trasnfer the economic boom to another island. Further should they attempt to continue or practice physical intimidation then I may at some point in time have no other recourse but to reply in the same coin. To affect the security of my interests there you can expect a company of soliders from the Ironshield League to deploy to Tergere soon and I will aslo augment this with a squad or two of dwarves...who will be responsible soley for your security.

I hope this finds you well.

M. Storm.

Michael will also write a letter to Clan Mckay asking to contract for three 5 person squads of dwarves to serve as bodyguards to Mr. Depetttibone.

Scotley

Hero
A prompt reply comes from the local offices of Clan Mckay that the Dwarven squads will be dispatched to Tregere with all possible speed.

OOC: Anything else or shall we set sail?

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I shall be taking a day trip to Ark. tomorrow during which I will ponder the fate of the Retribution. I'll try to get the action moving again Tuesday.

Scotley

Hero
Fully loaded and with ample crew, the Retribution weighs anchor on a chilly foggy fall morning. The crew moves the little ship smartly and though the wind is gentle they manage to find enough get her out to sea. Once out of the lea of Bronhelm a steady breeze gets her moving at a pretty good clip. Once the local boats are passed and their is considerable water under the keel every available canvas is soon flying.

Marjory York has been pacing the deck anxiously since well before dawn. Now that the ship is finally making good speed she seems to relax somewhat. Dressed in a green velvet dress and a fir cloak she makes a striking figure on deck. Guissepe is hard at work, but he manages to steal a glance at her every so often.

Grond passes the quarter deck with the new half-giant recruits in tow. None of them have every been on a ship before and he is apparently telling them what they need to know to stay out of the way. A couple of them look rather green. Though Grond walks as if he is still a little sore, he seems nearly fully recovered.

Nac'Losin comes onto the quarterdeck sipping a large mug of tea and wrapped in a shimmering shall of Gnomish silk. A luxury she must have purchased in the Capital.

Imparell is on duty this morning and he stands near the helmsman occasional shouting an order in his raspy amphibian voice. The new crew seem to be fitting in well enough, though a few still seem dazed by the wide array of odd races present on this little ship.

Down on the main deck the sorceress, Remona, can be seen taking her little pot-bellied pig familiar for a stroll. She stops to chat amiably with Marjory for a moment.

So far all seems well.

J. Alexander

First Post
Sailing

Michael will watch the crew and officers and at luncheon that day...instruct mangrum, Imparill and Guisspiie to start divinding up the men into three distinct crews with each of them taking command of one....they are further to divided their crews into three divisions so as to form three watches......he will then ask chandar to create two squads of marines for each of the commands.....

After luncheon he will spend the day on the deck sitting in a chair smoking a cigar and observing all around him especially the lady...he is also curious to see how the cousions interact with everyone.

Scotley

Hero
The officers set to work, but all voice concerns that they'd like a little more time to work the new folks before making final decisions.

There is some obvious wariness between the cousins and the existing officers. These new fellows have their own loyal men and so things could get ugly. The old officers expect to be in charge, yet wonder if you might favor blood and race over existing loyalties. The Cousins have come expecting positions of some authority as well. It doesn't help that one of the cousins begins flirting with Marjory while Gusseppi works nearby.

The new midshipmen are soon settling in, but they seem prone to sport and accident.

Otherwise the day passes uneventfully.

J. Alexander

First Post
Observing the developing problems Michael will host a small dinner that evening where he will officialy appoint his relations as Lieutiants but in the order of seniorty which put them behind Mangrum, Impareil and Guissspie. Mangrum and Impariel having already been appointed and confirmed as Captains. Michael will make it clear to one in all that his tradition of merit promotions will not be forgone and that from now own the relations must earn advancement thru their actions.

To soften the blow he will begin to bring the into the council as the minor plans are discussed.

Remove ads