Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

A warm smile drifts across Finn's lips. "Ah, my sweet, 'tis my hubris you be stroking now. Truly I would love to find a place to dally with you for a while, but duty calls as well. Perchance, after we return with Bill's fine kegs to our ship, the captain will allow me to return in case we need additional supplies. I just got this berth at our last port of call, I would not care to lose it so soon. Although a lady as fine as yourself would be well worth the chance." With this, he leans over to kiss first her hand, then her wrist, then drifts up to allow his lips to hover near her ear. His whisper carries to her ears alone as he breathes, "Unless of course there is someplace near where we can continue this conversation more privately."

Scotley

Hero
For Finn Hunter only [sblock]She responds favorably to your kiss and touch. She leans close her arms tight around your neck pressing close and whispers back, "I have a little cabin upstairs, but it is rather small and drab. There is a fine place just a few boats down with fine rooms and silk sheets." With that she slides her hands down to caress Finn's arms and look deep into his eyes.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
For Rook only [sblock]Rook has remained reasonably uneffected by the liquors so far consumed, but he is intoxicated by the ordinary alcohol in those drinks. With his magically enhanced vision he can see the magic items posesed by his companions and anyone else he enounters.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Salty Bill's

For Rook only [sblock]The room and its patrons are largely lacking in magic. There is a scattering of items among the other patrons, perhaps two weapons, some armor and a couple of smaller items spread around the dozen or so people here. The exception is of course your own party. Finn's magic tends to look different from the others for some reason. You know it isn't the arcane magic you are familiar with and it doesn't have the distinctive look of divine magic either.

OOC: Feel free to glance over their sheets for magic items, but you will not know the nature of them, only that they are magical.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Radoon is still skeptical about the gnomish rum so he will pass on this one. Also I am sure he notices M. is getting a bit happy, so he will keep an eye on her and make sure she is not taken advantage of. Radoon also knows he has a mission here... (1) to gather food and drink for the crew and get it back to the ship and (2) to find Marin's son. He will aks the barkeep if there perchance is a fortune teller near here.

Scotley

Hero
Salty Bill's

In response to Radoon's question Bill scratches his bald pate for a moment and then says, "Yes, there are a few here abouts, but the one with the reputation for telling the most favorable fortunes is Clair Montane. However, the old crone Hrulda has the reputation for being the most accurate. Some fear her and call her a witch who curses people because she so often makes dire predictions that come true. I wonder about her though, in a place like this most of the people live dangerous and foolish lives. Is it any wonder that they so often end up dead, imprisoned or otherwise down on their luck?" He smiles and whispers conspiritatorily where only Radoon can hear.

For Radoon only [sblock]"You wonder about your future with the firey redheaded lass eh? I can tell she interests you. Buy her another round of Feywine and hope for the best. She seems to fancy you. A fortune teller might only tell you something that would distract you from a chance at happiness. Pursue the girl and forget about the future. The gods decreed your fate before you were born, why worry about it?"[/sblock]

Turning back to Finn, and obviously concerned he might loose a big customer, Bill adds, "I can sell you the beer and ale at say six 30 gallon kegs for 50 gold. A fair price in this place I assure you. I know a tender with a grill boat who can provide I fine meal of fresh caught fish and sea food along with rice or bean very resonably." He smiles and rubs his belly, "there is a baker who is quite good with sweets as well that could send some pastries over. If I arrange it I'm confident I can save you money and keep you away from the thieves and ratsellers. Have I not provided fine beverages to you all?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Salty Bill's

"She works in the back of a little club called 'Fordam's Follie'. Make your way down this promanade to the second ring and go right. You'll see the big pink barge on your left. Go past the main entrance and you'll see a stair going up. She has an upper room there with a sign in the form of a mask with a third eye. I warn you sometimes what she says is hard news. Would you like another drink to prepare yourself?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads