Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: The chart above has been corrected. I left a '/' out of one of the sblock codes, so the information was hidden the previous block. Sorry, thanks for catching it.

Scotley

Hero
Salty Bill's

The cordial glasses stand before you again filled with a cloudy liquid. It smells vaguely of mushrooms and yeast. An odd beverage to be sure.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Radoon is a bit suspicious of this one, remembering something in his past with mushrooms...
He will try and check salty Bill's intent with this one.

OCC - what would I roll, I do not seem to have anything close. I will roll a d20

intent check (1d20=19)

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I missed your dice roll earlier.

Radoon observes the barkeep carefully, looking for any sign of his intent. He seems a greedy man eager to unload these very expensive liquors while he has willing patrons with appearently deep pockets. He doesn't seem to have a malicious intent, merely a strong desire to turn a profit on items his usual customers don't have the funds to afford. He doesn't know much about these liquors, being too cheap to try them himself. He's not above taking a few extra coins should you pass out from too much drink either.

Scotley

Hero
Salty Bill's

For those who decide to try the Gnomish Rum, it has a rich earthy bready taste not unlike some halfing ales, but with considerably more kick. It is thick slides down the throat with a not unpleasant burn. An odd sensation comes over you as the thick liquid flows into your stomach. It doesn't seem to stop there. The odd burning seems to move into your limbs one at a time and finally, the sensation reaches your brain. A shadow passes over your eyes. Roll a Will save and consult the following results.

Natural 1 [sblock]A sinking sensation in the pit of your stomach suggests sudden movement. As the shadow clears from your eyes, you realize that you have somehow been transported to a cave filled with leering demonic creatures. They seem to be reaching for you with their black talons intent on ripping you apart and eating you. The only way out of the cave seems to be a dark passage at the end of which you see a light. Roll initiative.[/sblock]

2-5 [sblock]With a rushing sound in your ears you realize that something is coming for you. A fearsome creature of spines and scales, teeth and claws is coming toward you its claws digging into the planking of the floor. The others seem distant and distracted, unable to see the threat that is upon you. Perhaps the liquor has dulled their senses, while making yours sharper. You must fight or be consumed.[/sblock]

6-10 [sblock]As the shadow clears from your eyes your vison more than clears. It expands to see a layer of reality previously unavailable to you. There is an aura around each of your companions and shadowy forms move about the room. They seem harmless, but some are frightening and you to watch them to make sure they don't attack. -2 on spot and listen checks as well as initiative for 30 min.[/sblock]

11-15 [sblock]As the clouds pass your eyes new images dance in your vision. The world takes on a new level of beauty. Images are crisp and marvelous. Your companions seem taller and more perfect. They virtually sparkle in the candle light.[/sblock]

16-19 [sblock]Your vision is enhanced and you can see details lost to you before. +1 to all spot and search checks for 30 minutes. You see your companions in a whole new light. Marienna's hair shines with a golden copper color and her eyes seem to engulf you. The barmaid's tattoos are vibrant and exotic seeming to move of their own accord drawing you in. She seems to glow with an inner radiance that makes her beautiful.[/sblock]

20 [sblock]As the clouds clear from your eyes, you realize that you can see magic all around you. The underlying magic of the universe is visible to you. You are under the effects of a detect magic spell for the next hour.[/sblock]

OOC: Those of you now into your fourth strong drink in less than 10 minutes are beginning to feel the effects of the alcohol. I'll leave it to your to role-play those effects rather than put them into mechanical terms.

Scotley

Hero
Salty Bill's

For Finn Hunter only [sblock]The barmaid gazes at your with dreamy eyes. She is sitting very close now and one finger is tracing the grove of your shirt collar. She whispers warmly in your ear. "You are so beautiful," she sighs heavily and continues, "That rum was nice, but I really liked the Feywine, I'd be ever so greatful if you'd buy me another, please." Her lips almost kiss your ear as she says 'please' in a husky voice.[/sblock]

SirCaith

First Post
Scotley said:
For Finn Hunter only [sblock]The barmaid gazes at your with dreamy eyes. She is sitting very close now and one finger is tracing the grove of your shirt collar. She whispers warmly in your ear. "You are so beautiful," she sighs heavily and continues, "That rum was nice, but I really liked the Feywine, I'd be ever so greatful if you'd buy me another, please." Her lips almost kiss your ear as she says 'please' in a husky voice.[/sblock]

For the DM [sblock] So how does she appear now that I have detect magic vision? [/sblock]

Finn traces the barmaid's jawline lightly with his finger tip. "Yes, love, that will not be a problem. We are having a party. We're celebrating our ship and crew fighting off a Sahuagin attack. Bill, another round of feywine for those who want it. And we will also be looking for enough drink for a crew of 30 back aboard our ship. The captain wants to finish repairs before declaring liberty, but also wish to reward the crew. We happen to be the supply party. Grog and ale, that will be the ticket. We want the crew of the Bedsheet to know that they are the best to be found this side of Davy Jones' Locker."

Scotley

Hero
The barmaid kisses Finn's fingertip as it traces her jawline and looks at him with hooded eyes and a smile that suggests pleasures to come. Bill's eyes light up at the posibility of such a sale. "Of course sir I'll gather a few kegs of my best for your fine crew. Perhaps you'd like some food as well?" He pours a glass of Feywine for the barmaid and Marienna's glass also rises for a refill. She looks very glassey eye'd, but her hand is steady as the liquid is poured.

For Finn Hunter [sblock]There is no magical artifice to the woman though the beverages you have consumed do seem to alter your vision. She is about 5'5" tall and slim. She is perhaps a couple of years older than Finn, but they have been hard years. Her hands are rough with labor and she has tattoos that suggest she spent some time in prison. A once broken nose and a couple of scars suggest that she has been in a fight or two. She has long very dark red hair worn in a tight braid that hands to mid back. Her check bones are sharp and her chin juts a little too much to be considered pretty. Her shape isn't bad, though you suspect that her attire in some way enhances bust and cleavage as she is rather thin for size in that area. Her eyes are amber and look like they have seen a lot. Currently, she glows with a pleasant inner light and seem quite beautiful. Her hair seems to have gems floating in it. She feels warm and pleasant sitting next to you. After the next round of Feywine she has a pleasant look of bliss on her face. Her hand continues to play about Finn's neckline and entertwine his hair.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads