Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotley

Hero
Hotel of the White Wake

Tebbs is clearly exhasted from the exertions of telling his tale. Captain Marin says, "Alright gentlemen, I don't think there is anything more to be gained here tonight." He ushers you all back to the study and takes the time to view the Rumpled Bedsheet once more through the telescope. Devon enters to say that "Mr. Lockspur has gone down to the ship, but will return with a report this evening." The Captain turns from the telescope and nods approvingly. "They are getting ready to put her in the water. Fine work they've done. Greta remind me to send them a bonus." He returns to his study looking more than a little tired himself. "Its time for you to have a look at your new ship. Please go down to the dockyard and watch her put to sea. You have my letters of credit, feel free to use it for legitimate expenses and I'll re-emburse you. If you would do me the honor of taking breakfast with me at the Cresting Wave tavern near Pier Seven at 5 in the morning and we'll give you a proper send off. I leave the details of this operation to you. There are too many details I don't know for me to manage from here. If there is nothing further Devon will see you out." He looks visably tired and sags heavily in his chair. Devon waits by the door.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael Storm

Michael will stand up and thank the Captain for offering this opportunity to him and comment that he will meet the captain for breakfeast the next morning. MIchael will then nod to the gentlmen and say " Till tomorrow then, gentlemen " and walk from the study.

For the DM Only [sblock]As per my earlier email i will set those plans in motion. Further I would like to look into any gossip about Aloyis and perhaps any debits etc. The information can be forwarded to me[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

You make your way out of the Hotel and into the streets of Cambre. The sun is setting, but it is still warm and the main street in front of the Hotel continues to be a press of semi-,demi- and regular humanity. The doorman directs you to a side street which will take you to the dry docks. Blessedly, this street is much less crowded. Morwyn walks up to two sailors one of whom is breathing hard. They pick up their gear and as a group you find yourselves entering the side street. The street is lined with shops many of which are closing up for the night and taverns which are just starting to come to life.

For Michael Storm only [sblock]You see a familiar towering figure coming up the side street toward you. He is still couple of blocks down the hill, but his size makes him easy to spot even at this distance.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

The traffic on the street is mostly shop keepers making their was home or a few people fresh from work stopping in at taverns for a drink before going home. The smell of food being prepared wafts pleasantly from several open windows and doors. A gentle breeze blows up from the shore cooling the oppressive heat just a little and rustling trash and debris along the sides of the street. A group of kids play on a walled in flat roof nearby hidden from view, but their game is audible on the street below. Musicians warm up at one tavern with a garishly painted sign of dancing girls in frilly costumes down the street and to you right.

OOC: Please make one listen and one spot check and post them. You may read all the spoilers listed with numbers lower than you roll. Please don't read the higher ones. For example if you got a 12 on your listen check you would read only the first two and ignore the rest under listen check. If you rolled a 28 on your spot check you would read all the listen check spoilers. Finally, make an initative check so I can organize your actions relative to each other.

Listen Check 10 or less [sblock]The kids on the roof top are laughing and seem to be enjoying their game.[/sblock]

Listen Check 11-15 [sblock]You over hear the younger of the two sailors telling Morwyn of an encounter with a large angry man that he ran from earlier. It is difficult to get the details, but appearently the man intended to do several anatomicly unlikely things to the young sailor such as rip off his arms and beat him senseless with them.[/sblock]

Listen Check 16-20 [sblock]You hear chairs scraping and a bottle break on a stone floor in a building somewhere in front of you.[/sblock]

Listen Check 21-25 [sblock]Excited if slightly drunken voices are raised in anger at 'sea dog scum'.[/sblock]

Listen Check 26+ [sblock]You hear the sound of running feet just inside a tavern door a few feet ahead and to the left.[/sblock]

Spot check 10 or less [sblock]You look up your curiosity drawn by the sound of the children playing. A group of pigeons is coming to roost on a roof top nearby.[/sblock]

Spot check 11-15 [sblock]You glimpse a man stepping quickly into a tavern in front of you.[/sblock]

Spot Check 16-20 [sblock]The man entering the tavern is large and has several tattoos. Something about him suggested that he is a land lubber.[/sblock]

Spot Check 21-25 [sblock]The man entering the tavern had been coming out and quickly reversed course after seeing your group.[/sblock]

Spot Check 26+ [sblock]Despite the relative dimness inside compared to the brightness where you stand you see a shadowing figures gesturing animatedly in a dark tarvern window. One of them points directly at your group.[/sblock]

OOC: Actions, if any based on what you saw? No peeking at the checks you didn't roll high enough for! :uhoh:

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
MIchael Storm (warlock)

Michael has the following rolls?

[MIchael Stormrolls 0 +4 getting [10,4] = (14)
MIchael Stormrolls 1d20 + 4 getting [2,4] = (6)
MIchael Stormrolls 1d20 + 4, getting [20,4] = (24)
MIchael Stormrolls 1d20 getting [5,4] = (9)
MIchael Stormlls 1d20 + 4 getting [19,4] = (23)

Spot Checks

MIchael Stormrod20 + 6 getting [15,6] = (21)
MIchael Stormrolls d20 + 6, getting [12,6] = (18)
MIchael Stormrolls 1d20 + 6, getting [13,6] = (19)
MIchael Stormrolls 1d20 + 6, getting [12,6] = (18)
MIchael Stormrolls 1d20 + 6, getting [6,6] = (12)

for the dm only [sblock] I will leave the party and head over to the lumbering figure[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

OOC: I'm sorry, my directions were unclear. You just make one spot check and one listen check. Then only read the posts you rolled high enough to read, so your first listen check was a 14, you would only read the first two spoilers under listen check. Your first spot roll was a 21, so you can read all but the last of the spot check spoilers. Does that clairfy? Go ahead and roll initative as well, and that way I'll know when your actions occur realative to each other.

J. Alexander

First Post
MIchael Storm (warlock)

Michale Stormrolls 1d20 + 4, getting [18,4] = (22) for INitative

For the DM only [sblock] I will try to get Gronds attention and signal a heads up, I will then contiune to walk to Grond but keeping my eye on the doorway.[/sblock]

OCC for the DM only [sblock]Scott, Michael will be very leary of the group of sailors given his past history, so he is going to be slow to warm to them or really engage with them in anything but business related matters. Grond of course will be a little overprotective of Michales, especially when they do get on the ship, making it a pain for anyone to see him much less approach him while on the ship.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook - Scout/Mage

Initiative Check: Rook rolls 1d20+7, getting [11,7] = (18)

Spot Check: Rook rolls 1d20+8, getting [6,8] = (14)

Listen Check: Rook rolls 1d20, getting [14] = (14)

OOC: Oops - Should have added 8 to the Listen roll. Forgot my ranks. So that roll should actually have been a 22. Also typed the wrong modifier for the Spot check -- that one should have been +10, so the roll is 16. I'll get it right one of these days.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook - Scout/Mage Blade

Since people stepping into doorways are probably common occurrences on crowded docks, I'll continue walking and wait to see how Morwyn reacts to the sailors' tale. I will, of course, keep up an appropriate level of vigilance for moving through this type of crowd.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads