• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Radoon rolls 1d20+5, getting [16,5] = (21) for listen check

Radoon rolls 1d20 +12, getting [2,12] = (14) for spot check

Radoon rolls 1d20 +2, getting [18,2] = (20) for initiative

mleibrock

First Post

Was the man stepping quickly into the tavern facing forward, sideways or backwards in relation to the tavern entrance?

And did he step into the same area as where I heard the excited voices yelling about sea dogs? Where I think there might be a fight brewing?

Scotley

Hero
The man was coming out facing you, saw your group and turned around to re-enter the tavern. I was the same place where immediately afterward you heard the sounds of a possible fight brewing.

mleibrock

First Post

Not wanting to end up in a brawl before our departure, I will make my way to the opposite side of the street and motion for the others in the group to do the same.

J. Alexander

First Post
MIchael Storm (warlock)

Michael, will speed up slightly and go to the other side of the street perferiable ahead of the doorway in question.

FOR THE DM ONLY [SBLOCK]MICHACEL IS TRYING TO GET CLOSER TO GROND OR WITHING RANGE OF GROND SHOULD HE HAVE TO MOVE QUICKLY TO SUPPORT MICHAEL. I SENSE A FIGHT IS BREWING AND I WANT MY BACKUP TO ACTUALLY HAVE MY BACK. MICHAEL DOES NOT REALLY TRUST THESE SAILOR TYPES. ALSO IF PRATICABLE, MICHAEL IS GOING TO REACH FOR A THUNDERSTONE WHICH HE KEEPS HIDDIN IN HIS GLOVES(SLEIGHT OF HAND) AND HAVE IT READY TO THROW Michael Stormrolls 1d20 +6, getting [11,6] = (17)[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

Michael Storm quicken's his pace moving just in front of Morwyn and the young sailor who had been leading the group. Rook continues to walk behind Morwyn, while Radoon follows just turning to move to the other side of the street and the other sailor brings up the rear carrying a heavy load. A man leaps out the window onto Radoon gaining surprise. Suddenly, the door to the tavern Rook is just passing bursts open and a large tattooed man points to the young sailor beside Morwyn and shouts, "that's the pervert, get him and his sea dog friends!" A dozen burly young men come out the door to attack your group. Most are unarmed, but a couple wield bottles and one man stoops to pick up a discarded barrel stave from the side of the street. From the look of these men it isn't hard to deduce they are local pig farmers and swampers who hunt and crab in the surrounding swamps come to town looking for trouble. They smell of beer and cheap spirits. Most are wearing leather armor. They seem intent on surrounding your small group and giving you a beating.

Radoon is struck by the leaping man he attempts to Grapple Radoon. OOC: Make an opposed Grapple check vs. a 15. (grapple is 1d20+bab+str mod.)

A bottle is thrown from another window at Michael, but goes over his shoulder trailing a small amount of beer onto his shirt and shattering on the street beyond him.

OOC: Initative order as follows--Michael 22, Radoon 20, Rook 18, Pig farmers 16, Jack Swift (young sailor) 16, Morwyn 13, Thomas River 8.

See the attached spreadsheet for a simple map of the situation. I used initials or first two letters and PF for pig farmer for your attackers. TPF is the leader.

Attachments

• streets1.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 99

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael Storm (warlock)

Michael will take a 5 foot step back, raise his hands and say "AUDIOR" in a commanding voice.

For the dm only[sblock]When Michael raises his hands he will toss the thunderstone at the position of Pig Farm #8, this should miss most of the party as well as get a good number of the attackers in the blast. Michael Stormrolls 1d20 + 4, getting [18,4] = (22)[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post

Radoon rolls 1d20+6, getting [16,6] = (22) - grapple check

I will try and tumble out of the way or tumble as he lands on me depending how it goes.

I assume he is surprising me so I would be acting in fighting defensivly so I get the +3 AC resulting in a roll of:

Radoonrolls 1d20+8, getting [9,8] = (17) - tumble check if needed.

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

Suddenly the quiet side street is a chaotic melee. Shouting men fill the street. A man in a stained leather jerkin leaps from a window at the old sailor landing squarely on him, but despite his appearent age Radoon remains lithe and skillful. With a deft move he slips from his attackers grasp and rolls away coming up in a knife fighters crouch. (Now at F11) Michael Storm, the tall man in black and silver at the head of the group had been gesturing to someone down the street, but whirls with amazing speed reacting to the attack almost as it happens. A thrown beer bottle flys over his shoulder, but only a small amount of beer makes contact. His arms come up and in a commanding voice he shouts a single word "AUDIOR" and a man in the center of the group coming from the tavern looks down at his feet just as a thunderous boom rocks the street. Birds leap from the roof tops sreeching in distress as their wings snap with paniced flight. A small pane of glass in the tavern door shatters from the noise and rains down to the pavement. The voices of children shouting in alarm reach the street from the rooftop. Several men grab their ears distracted and paniced by the sudden sound.

Fortitude saves (1d20+2=22, 1d20+2=17, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+2=8, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+2=9, 1d20+2=15)

Morwyn is closest to the boom and and reacts (1d20+6=7) with a stunned expression his hands also going to his ears.

OOC: Still waiting for Rooks action before we continue.

Scotley

Hero
Streets of Cambre

OOC: Revised Init. order as follows--Michael 22, Radoon 20, Rook 18, Pig farmers 16, Jack Swift (young sailor) 16, Deafenend Pig Farmers (PF 1, 8, 6, 12--still inside doorway) 12, Morwyn 9, Thomas River 8.

For Michael Storm only [sblock]You got 4 of 8 and only one party member--not too bad. Grond is running up the street, but was a couple of blocks away, so will be a few rounds reaching you.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads