Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

Can I make a Move Silently check to get the boards off without making too much noise? At a minus, perhaps? If not, are there any other obvious ways to get access to the warehouse -- windows up higher that I might climb to and either enter or see what's going on inside? Places in the wall where the boards are more loose than right here? Anything else I see that might appear useful?

Also, keep alert for anyone who might be following ME --
Rook rolls 1d20+8, getting [6,8] = (14) for my spot check. Not great, but maybe enough to catch someone showing a bit too much interest.

Scotley

Hero
Rook looks at the building. The only obvious door on this side is boarded up. The boards where the boy entered obviously cover a low window, perhaps one that once cast light into a basement. There are windows higher up, but climbing the walls and going in broad daylight even on a side street could attract attention. He could perhaps remove a few boards quietly with luck (given your mods you'll only need a slightly higher than average roll). No one seem to be paying Rook any unusual interest at this point.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

Rook rolls 1d20+17, getting [18,17] = (35) to Move Silently.

I'm guessing he managed to get the boards off without anyone noticing?

Erland

First Post
Scotley said:
Morwyn has returned to the ship with some difficulty oweing to the weight of silver he carried and is making ready to get back under way when Michael Storm and company return about 30 minutes later to work on the ship's papers. Morwyn is pleasantly surprised to see that no one has jumped ship and that all is in order.

J. Alexander said:
For Captain Morwyn: Dear Captain, Your presence is requested as may have uncoverd an attempt to plant a spy aboard the rumple bedsheet. Please return at once to the ship. Respectuclly M. Storm

Since I was the first back at the ship, you can anticipate my imminent return.

Scotley

Hero
Dockside Warehouse Axiopolis

Rook manages to pull three boards off the window without a sound. He slips inside and continues to try and follow the boy. By the time he gets in there is no sign of him. This room is a large dusty basement room with a low cealing supported by brick arches. A little exploring soon leads Rook to a second and third similar chamber. The rooms are inhabited by wharf rats and mouldering crates. Finally, he can find no more rooms, but listening reveals voices and footsteps beyond a wall.

J. Alexander

First Post
Micahel Storm (warlock)

Michael will wait for the Captain and for Radoon on the quarterdeck. Grond will be stading just slightly ahead to prevent interrpution or easedropping on the conversation when both arrive.

Scotley

Hero
Dockside Warehouse at Axiopolis

Rook taps and touches the wall in the area where he heard the noise beyond the wall. After only a few seconds he realizes that a small section of the brick wall down near the floor is in fact painted wood rather than brick. It comes away easily, but he has to crawl on his belly to get through the low opening. The small passage, only 4 feet high might have been a storm drain in the distant past. Once the wood panel is back in place the tunnel is almost completely dark. As Rook's eyes adjust to even greater darkness than the basement he just left, he begins to since a distant glow far down the tunnel.

Scotley

Hero
Aboard the 'Rumpled Bedsheet' at Axiopolis

I am assuming that Michael didn't spend too much time with the ship's papers because of the latest twist. You know that the log is new. The first entry explains that the previous log was destroyed by a shipboard fire along with many of the papers. Persumably, captain Morwyn has kept an excellent log for the voyage so far. There is a new entry ticket for Cambre as well as a slip from the harbor pilot at your departure and the arrival ticket for Axiopolis. There is a collection of documents appearently written by semi-literate workers detailing various repairs from the supposed fire. A handfull of singed, smoke and water damaged papers detail entry and exit from various minor ports, but a careful scrutiny reveals that all of them either have the name of the ship and captain damaged or illegible. There are papers that detail purchase of food stuffs and other supplies from various ports, but most of those include mearly the name of some minor officer or crewman who picked up the supplies rather than the ship or captain. There are a couple from Cambre and one from Axiopolis that include the ships name or captain or current officer. Such a collection would not necessarily raise questions amoung the denizens of Mermaid's Rest, but the authorities might have doubts if they were looking for an excuse to make trouble for the 'Bedsheet' or her crew.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael Storm (warlock)

When Captain Morwyn and Radoon join Michael on the quarterdeck, he will brief them in a quite voice about the lead and that Rook is currently shadowing the individual. He will then say that there are two obivious choices, leave him here under a pretext of being picked up on the way back due to cargo/space restraints and the choice of taking him on board and dealing with him at sea.....

For the DM only[sblock]Having seen the problems, Michael will focus on making supporting documetns usint the ships name and Captain Morwyns etc on bills, repair slips etc...if necessary he will smoke them with a candle etc to give them the dark muskey smell of having been saved thru a fire[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads