Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

Again, Rook will attempt to move silently down the passageway. He'll draw DúbhRásúr and keep it in one hand, extended mostly in front. Rook should have no difficulty seeing down the tunnel, at least out to 60', due to his Darkvision.

Rook rolls 1d20+17, getting [18,17] = (35) to Move Silently down the tunnel.

As he moves, he'll keep listening for those voices and try to make out words, how many there are, etc.

Rook rolls 1d20+8, getting [19,8] = (27) to Listen.

Scotley

Hero
Below ground at Axiopolis

Rook moves silently along the low passage. The way is difficult because the cealing is so low. There seem to be 4 or 5 people ahead of Rook. They seem to be moving faster than he can. Finally, he sees the light of a partially hooded lamp. In the circle of light he sees several young boys talking with a four armed monster partially submerged in a pool of water. As Rook moves silently in the darkness he realizes that the 'boys' are in fact grown halflings. Indeed the boy he was following seems to be a halfling as well. You can only make out bits of the conversation. Rook hears the words "today, flags, and silver" distinctly. The creature hands them a small bag and disappears into the depths. They crowd around the light and empty a collection of pearls into their hands. The laugh and pound each other on the back. One of them, appearently the leader says they must get moving before someone gets suscpicous. "You're off to buy a new wardrobe and lemonade." They begin laughing again. Rook will have to move fast to stay ahead of them back up the passage.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

Hightail it back up the passage as soon as I understand that they're talking about heading out. Out the door, and I'll wait out of sight until the "lad" comes out and then follow him around some more.

Can I get a better description of the monster? Is it anything I've seen/encountered in my travels?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Axiopolis

Rook gets some scrapes and bruises moving up the little passage quickly. He manages to get out before the halflings return to the basement. Fortunately, they exit by the a different window into an alley and thus do not see the boards Rook removed earlier. They go to help the 'lad' get some clothes and a cask of lemonade, which get a large man who seems to owe them money to deliver. Within forty five minutes the 'lad' is back at the ship.

The creature that payed the halflings was half submerged and in poor lighting, but it seemed to be a four armed humanoid, at least the upper body, with characteristics of a fish of some sort. Stories of various 'fishmen' abound and while some of them are true Rook can't be sure which sort of creature he saw.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

About 10 minutes after the return of the 'lad' to the ship, Rook will saunter aboard and casually request audience with the captain.

For Morwyn (and anyone else who comes up with an excuse to be in the room when we talk):
[sblock]"Captain, I received a note from Mr. Storm regarding a young boy who might possibly be a threat to the ship. I followed the boy to a warehouse, where I determined that he is actually a halfling. He met secretively with several other halflings and a four armed humanoid of some sort who was almost certainly amphibious or aquatic. I could not hear all of their conversation, but I did hear references that lead me to believe they were discussing the 'Bedsheet.' After the conversation was over, I again followed the halfling from Mr. Storm's missive. He went to obtain some lemonaid and clothing, which he and his friends bullied from a merchant who apparantly owed them money. He then returned to the ship. I believe I succesfully avoided being noticed as I performed my errands."[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

OOC: I'll be out of town for Mother's Day from about 13:00 today until sometime tomorrow evening (hopefully early), so I'll not be able to post until that time. Don't do anything fun without me!

Scotley

Hero
Announcement

OOC: I will be leaving for a week in New York on Sunday Morning. I hope to be able to post--I'm packing plenty of tech toys, but if for some reason I can't then I will be back on Friday evening. Hmm, flying on Friday the 13th, that doesn't bode well. Anyway, make plans and set sail without me. I don't expect to post much if at all on Sunday and today may be pretty busy too.

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Finn again nods politely in recognition when Rook returns. He continues to scan the docks while he waits for Radoon, Marienna, or someone else from the "Bedsheet" to ask him aboard.

For DM
[sblock] Scott, can I roll a spot check to identify all the wharf rats (aka thieves) who have probably begun to gather around the ship? What with the rumors that probably began to fly as soon as the first bearer bond appeared at the bank, I am sure more than half of the local guild has started to circle like sharks.
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Dockside near the Rumpled Bedsheet

For Finn Hunter only [sblock]Sure make a Spot check and depending on the result, I'll tell you what you see.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Radoon will continue on board, making sure M. has also arrived. Take her share of the silver to her room, leave the chocolate, without her seeing me, then put the rest of his silver in the hold. Find the captain and inform him of anotehr prospective officer, Finn. Catch up with all he's missed. Upon reading Michael's letter, find Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads