Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

OOC - I don't think Radoon would be able to get his rope from his pack, move and attack all this round (I'm not sure if quick draw would work with my lasso), If I can do all the post is below, if not he will remove the lasso and move to G10 only so...

IC -Radoon will slide his pack to one shoulder and begin moving while deftly removing his lasso. He will ultimately end at G10 and use his lasso to try and trip the count, pulling him off balance and hopefully having the count’s heart land directly on a stake.

melee touch attack with lasso (1d20+9=22) - Count does not get any armor bonuses

If this succeeds as a hit then it seems to be an opposed check (my strength against your dex or strength).

opposed strength check (1d20+4=12)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Radoon will slide his pack to one shoulder and begin moving while deftly removing his lasso.

Seeing the ebb and flow of battel Geoffrey will pass and then cast a heal on the embattled Radoon for 31 points of healing.

Feeling the heaviness of his arms, Zurrik grits his teeth, shrugs off the effects of the wand, and sends a maximized and empowered naked Eldritch Blast at the nephew. The blast hits the nephew square in the chest. The attack staggers him.

The apparent ineffectiveness of his blows shakes H'Roosh, and he begins to question the wisdom of this course (Will Save (1d20+13=14)). Thinking quickly, the nimble monk deftly dodges (1d20+11=31) the Count's attacks as he pulls a potion from his sack and applies it quickly to his hands.

"Blast! Why did I not realize that the count is undead and immune to my spell? Grrr."

Gnurl fires his Wand of Magic Missile (CL9) at the count on his next action. This spell proves much more effective as the missiles slam home.

The Count launches more more attacks (1d20+12=25, 1d20+12=25) and this time the little valley echos with the sound of the blows and as the strike H'Roosh in the head and chest (1d6+10=13, 1d6+10=15) more chilling even than the pain of the blows is the way the blows seem to sap H'Roosh's will and capasity for reasoned thought (wisdom drain (1d6=4, 1d6=1)). The Orcs arrayed around the battle cheer their patron's success. The Count seems to heal even more this time taking some of his strength from H'Roosh's lost will. H'Roosh and Gnurl continue to feel an unpleasant negative energy that saps their will (DC 18 Will save or lose 1 point of wisdom.)

The Count's Nephew uses the second wand again, targeting Zurrik. He hisses at the warlock clearly unhappy with the blast he just received. Zurrik again feels a numbness in the limbs as the spell reaches him. (DC 19 Will save or be paralyzed.) Once more the unnaturalness of the foe is revealed by the rapid recovery from some of the wounds he has suffered. The younger foe steps forward and now Radoon and Zurrik feel an unpleasant negative energy that saps their will (DC 18 Will save or lose 1 point of wisdom.)

Initiative:
Radoon 23
Geoffrey 12
Zurrik 7
H'Roosh 5
Gnurl 4
Enemy 1

Attachments

• Stand the master.xls
    26.5 KB · Views: 79

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon 46/62

Radoon stops moving at G10 and will use his lasso to try and trip the count, pulling him off balance and hopefully having the count’s heart land directly on a stake.

melee touch attack with lasso (1d20+9=22) - Count does not get any armor bonuses

If this succeeds as a hit then it seems to be an opposed check (my strength against your dex or strength).

opposed strength check (1d20+4=12)

will save (1d20+6=23)

J. Alexander

First Post
Now that there is a breather. Geoffrey will once again raise his voice in prayer and point his finger at the count......."Let the Lords of Light show their mercy and bless thee with the power of their healing" at which point a golden light streams forth from his hand and strikes the count."

For Scotley
[sblock]it's your fault for planting mass heal in my mind lol...Geoffrey cast a heal spell on the count. all but 1d4 of hit points removed if i understand the concept. This is a touched attack but Geoffrey took the feat that allows him to use a ray as a touch attack and his roll to hit was 19 +10 equalling 29[/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil HP 40/54 (66) AC 25 (T15/FF23) Con 12/14

OOC: Doesn't the use of a wand require a ranged touch attack? Somehow I knew the attack roll would be crap after making the two saves....

IC: Zurrik shakes off the feeling of dread and the numbness of spirit that attacks his body and mind. Calling forth his eldritch energy again, his aim is off and the blast hits only sand.

[sblock=OOC and rolls]
DC19 Will Save v wand: 1d20+7[16,7] = (23)
DC18 Will Save v aura: 1d20+7[17,7] = (24)

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20+12 = natural 1

Damage: none

Uses left of Least Iron Ward Diamond 7/10 for the day
Uses left of Lesser Crystal of Lifedrinking 10/10 for the day.
Use left of Third Eye Crystal 1/1 for the day.
Uses left of Maximized EB 1/3 for the day
Uses left of Empowered EB 1/3 for the day

Zurrik is currently DR 1/cold iron + DR 1/-
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh (AC: 21, HP: 35)

H'Roosh staggers under the horrible effects of the count's assault, shakes his head and launches a counter-attack (1d20+14=24, 1d20+14=24, 1d20+11=26), pummeling (2d6+7=16, 2d6+7=13, 2d6+7=14) the count viciously and calling on the magic of his ring. The island air booms as the energy in the ring is unleashed, and the count is slammed with fist and foot, lightning and thunder (1d8+5=12, 5d6=21).

[sblock=Actions]Full attack with silvered weapons, using the lightening and thunderclap of the ring on the last attack as well. The final 21 points are Fortitude save for half, making the total damage (assuming all attacks hit) either 76 or 66.

H'Roosh's wisdom loss brings his AC down to 21 as well.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp73/76,AC23 currently Gnurl is the center of a Gtr Invis Sphr

Gnurl again fires a charge from his Wand of Magic Missile at the count.
Damage = 17 5d4+5=17

Scotley

Hero
Radoon stops moving and uses his lasso to try and trip the count, pulling him off balance and hopefully having the count’s heart land directly on a stake. The rope snares the Count, but he proves to be unnaturally strong. With a sharp jerk he pulls Radoon off balance and maintains his footing. He grins at the old salt, clearly impressed by his audacity.

Now that there is a breather. Geoffrey will once again raise his voice in prayer and point his finger at the count......."Let the Lords of Light show their mercy and bless thee with the power of their healing" at which point a golden light streams forth from his hand and strikes the count." The ray strikes the Count full on, but he possesses great force of personality and shrugs off some of the power. He clearly suffers from the divine attack.

[sblock=Geoffrey]What a nasty thing to do. Actually, in 3.5 using heal on an undead duplicates the harm spell which does 10 points of damage per level or half with a will save which he made. Still that was enough to hurt him pretty bad.[/sblock]

Zurrik shakes off the feeling of dread and the numbness of spirit that attacks his body and mind. Calling forth his eldritch energy again, his aim is off and the blast hits only sand.

H'Roosh staggers under the horrible effects of the count's assault, shakes his head and launches a counter-attack (1d20+14=24, 1d20+14=24, 1d20+11=26), pummeling (2d6+7=16, 2d6+7=13, 2d6+7=14) the count viciously and calling on the magic of his ring. The island air booms as the energy in the ring is unleashed, and the count is slammed with fist and foot, lightning and thunder. Just as the final blow lands the target seems to vanish into a cloud of smoke.

Gnurl prepares to again fire a charge from his Wand of Magic Missile at the count, but his target seems to evaporate. He instead blasts the Count's nephew. The missiles rip into him and leave another cloud of smoke in their wake.

Whirling about in search of new threats you are surprised by the sound of clapping. The old orc huntsman stands on the rocks above you clapping softly. The sound is echoed by another half-dozen or so orc beaters standing about you. There weapons are sheathed. The Huntsman speaks up, "Bravo gentlemen. The Count will be so pleased. He so rarely finds a worthy collection of adversaries these days. You are to be commended. It has been some years since I have seen him bested. I bow in honor of your superior skills, tactics and magic. If you will join me, I will give you breakfast and your prize as your crewmen are freed. Would you be so good as to accompany me back to the main house?" He turns as if to depart.

OOC: Wow, you guys really did a number on my poor psychic vampires. Guess I should have made them tougher or maybe have given the Count a niece as well? Nice job.

Str. Check (1d20+7=16)

Will Save (1d20+11=28) vs. heal.

Remove ads