• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Just take me out there, please," says Gnurl to the gristled cabby. When he gets me out there, Gnurl hands him 2 gp and says, "Are you sure you can't wait for me? I may be awhile, a long while, but, if you wait, there will be two more shiny, new gold pieces in it for you. Can I count on you?"

OOC: Assuming the cabby is agreeable, or, really, even if he isn't, Gnurl will go in and have some conversation with a fellow wizard. Gnurl will begin by discussing astrology and magic theory, and if this guy acts like he knows what he's talking about, Gnurl will eventually get around to asking about what spells are available, prices, and possible trades (because Gnurl has some pretty valuable spells, too, you know).

OOC: I still need to get with my books and figure out what spells Gnurl is looking for! Hopefully, I'll know before tonight is over.

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Posting

OCc: Posting is going to sporadic for the next week or so they moved gradmother to Hospice this morning.......move the action along ad you guys want..Geoffrey will see to the provisiong and supplying of the SUN

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling with Razlebash Emberglow

"Perhaps, Razlebash, there are some illusion spells that you have been needing to please your clients? I may well be able to provide these to you, for a small consideration."

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Scotley said:
Finn is quickly settled into a nice room and on the streets of Cambre. He is only a couple of blocks from the storefront shop of Madame deShardonie--Fortune Teller and Finder of Lost Things, at least that's what the sign over the door says.

Taking a moment to go over his memories of the last few weeks, Finn takes a deep breath before opening the door. As the soft bell tinkles at door's opening, he steps inside. "Madame daShardonie, I've come for help in finding something I have lost."

Lou

Explorer
Mingo Frasse & Anson & Mig

Scotley said:
A brief foray out into the 'Rest reveals that fresh food here is neither very fresh nor inexpensive. A few items with a little shelf life can be acquired, but it will be best to wait until Cambre for proper provisioning.

Finding little useful fresh food at the 'Rest, Mingo, Anson, and Mig return to the CrestDancer for the voyage.

Scotley said:
Captain Marin somehow contacts religious officials back in Cambre and by the time you arrive, two wands of Remove Curse, two wands of Cure Disease and a cask of holy water have been prepared for you at his expense. That will only provide a brief relief, but perhaps supplemented by castings from the Clerics it will prove enough to see you through the destruction of the Lich, or last you a lifetime. :]

OOC: Daily castings and soakings sounds like the party will need to stay close-together for the rest of their (or the lich's) lives.

Scotley said:
Captain Marin offers to put everyone up at the Inn of the White Wake until you sail on to the Border Isles.

Mingo says, "Thank you, Captain Marin, we will accept your always generous hospitality." Mingo, Anson, and Mig will go to the Inn of the White Wake for rooms.

[sblock=For the DM]
Once settled in their rooms, Mingo will write a long letter to her superior in the Wayward Wardens about the goings on at the 'Rest and the Sea Sorcerer. Mingo will send Anson and Mig out to find the local Church.
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
"Perhaps, Razlebash, there are some illusion spells that you have been needing to please your clients? I may well be able to provide these to you, for a small consideration."

"I don't usually buy spells, but perhaps a trade it in order? I am always willing to help out a fellow Gnome."

Scotley

Hero
SirCaith said:
Taking a moment to go over his memories of the last few weeks, Finn takes a deep breath before opening the door. As the soft bell tinkles at door's opening, he steps inside. "Madame daShardonie, I've come for help in finding something I have lost."

"I see, it seems you have more need of me than to simply make a report." She takes his hands and he finds them warm and comforting. "Tell me what has happened and how I can help you." She is a tall slim woman with dark eyes, cinnamon skin and lustrous black hair perhaps 10 years older than Finn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads