Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Zurrik slowly turns to the door and slowly moves his hands to where the latching and opening mechanisms should be. Once he finds them, he slowly unlatches the door and opens it.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon reaches to his pack and deftly pulls two daggers. He will slowly move so that his back is to a wall and readies himself for whatever is to come.

Scotley

Hero
After a couple of false starts Zurrik makes his way to the door. It is held only with a simple latch. Getting it open allows a bit of light into the dim chamber. A macabre scene is revealed to all. The room is a large high ceilinged chamber, a great hall of sorts that fills most of the lower level. Open archways at the rear lead to an empty kitchen. Stairs lead upward to other levels of the tower. At two long tables animated skeletons and zombies are arrayed. They are engaged in acts of gluttony, greed and decadence. Some endlessly consume rotten food and spoiled beer, one polishes a staff of office while sitting on a throne, others count huge stacks of copper pieces, some are gaming with dice or cards, a group gestures encouragement to zombie roosters and skeletal dogs fighting, a pair of zombies even appear to be engaged in a horrid pantomime of a sex act with much thrusting and waving of rotting zombie flesh. The undead gathered here continue their tasks seemingly oblivious to you. From their dress you guess they were once fairly prosperous though something about their attire suggests that they were shady characters. From the wounds that felled them you'd also guess they died painfully and brutally before being animated into this bizarre side-show.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling, Gnome Wizard at Small

When Zurrik opens the door, Gnurl joins him inside and is shocked by the spectacle of zombies and skeletons before him. "What the...? Oh, it's a show! Anyone got any popcorn?"

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon will look to the cleric. "Is there a chance they will again die if the magic that animated them is lost? I'd prefer to be as strogn as possible when we take on the Sorcerer - so I'm saying let's let sleeping dogs lie."

Leif

Adventurer

"I agree with Radoon. If they are turned, they will flee, presumably alerting their master. If they are consumed by their desires of the 'flesh' *ahem* maybe they won't notice us? I think we should only attack them in self-defense."

Leif

Adventurer

"By all means, then, lead on! Where is our most valiant warrior? H'Roosh? Radoon?"

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon will whisper to the others. "Now is as good a time as any to see if this shirt really does make me invisible to undead. Let me go first through the room and then you can follow me. If I am invisible and you are not, it will at least give me some good rear attacks on these guys."

With that, Radoon will move across the room to what looks like the other exit (stairway).

Last edited:

Remove ads