Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Scotley

Hero
Smells are the first thing you notice as you top the stairs--rotting flesh, aromatic wood or incense burning and an earthy graveyard smell then just a hint of chemical odors and brimstone. The chamber you are entering is a large high-ceilinged room (perhaps 30'). It takes up most of this level of the tower. Their are two doors out of the room and another stairway on the opposite side. A gallery with a podium overlooks the room from the other side. It can be reached via the stairs across the room which then continue on up to the next level. Through one set of doors set with glass panes you can see what appears to be a library. The other set of doors are solid and unmarked. The room itself appears to be a lab and summoning room. A large pentagram fills the center of the chamber. To one side a low fire burns in a massive fireplace big enough to roast an ox. Candles stand unlit at the points of the pentagram. Old dark stains on the floor near iron rings set in the stone appear to be blood suggesting that sacrifices have been made here. Various alchemical gear files tables along one side of the room. These things are dusty and cold and have a look of age and neglect. No obvious foes are present.

OOC: I'll get a map up this afternoon if all goes well.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling, Gnome Wizard at Small

"I don't like the thought of us casually examining this room while we have an unknown number of foes lurking somewhere not too far away and plenty of vantage points from which this room can be assaulted from higher, more protected ground. Let's defile this pentagram as we pass, and continue looking for the sea sorcerer immediately, okay?"

mleibrock

First Post
"I agree whole heartedly!" Radoon says as he kicks over the all the candles but one which he takes and places in his pants pocket. Looking to the others as he does this, "I'm fairly certain whatever ritual was planned has already taken place...but just in case. So Gnurl...do you have a preference where to go first?"

Leif

Adventurer

"Well, at the risk of leaving our rear flank exposed to any foes who enter after us, I tend to think an exploration of the 'higher ground' might be most productive. What do all of you think?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I think one direction is as good as another in this foul place. I suspect our quarry knows we've arrived, and is likely in control of every aspect of his home."

[sblock=OOC]H'Roosh is feeling sort of Eeyorish tonight . . . :D[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

Gnurl looks dejected (and nothing is a pitiful as a dejected Gnome, by the way) as he says, "Fine then! Have it your own damn way! Sheesh, first time in four years anyone's asked me which way I want to go, and everybody and his lame jackass has a better idea!" Gnurl surreptitiously winks at Zurrik. ;)

Scotley

Hero
Initiative:

Zurrik 17
Radoon 13
H'Roosh 12
Gnurl 10
Undead Giant 8
Geoffrey 7

A plan made, you begin to make your way across the room when a very large shadowy figure rises from the darkness of the gallery and hurls a massive stone which strikes Geoffrey and sends him tumbling back down the stairs. The form begins reaching for another stone.

OOC: The giant is AC 24 (currently 28) due to cover and touch 16 (currently 20 due to cover)

Attachments

• Island Empire Tower 1 r1.xls
    49 KB · Views: 88

Leif

Adventurer

Gnurl commences to shucking and jiving to G7 as he pulls out his wand of magic missile. Taking as much cover as he can, he fires at the deceased giant.

Remove ads