Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

OOC - I think I am reading the map correctly but let me know if this is not possible.

IC - Trusting that his new shirt has concealed him, Radoon takes off at a full sprint to climb the stairs behind the giant. Hoping to end at a level even with the giant's head and directly behind it. K17?

(shirt of wraith stalking can be found in the magic item compendium page 216. This item is not a one time use item right?)

Where is the other cleric?

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

[sblock=OOC] How far away is the giant? Are squares 5 ft or 10 ft? Either way, beyond 30 ft, so it will be Eldritch Spear +12 7d6 20/x2 [Sickening Blast (DC 14, FortNeg, sickened 1 min; L2)] The 19 misses, so ignore the improper damage roll.[/sblock]

Zurrik takes a 5 ft step towards the giant and sends an Eldritch Spear towards his foe, but he hits the balcony edge instead.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Is the giant above us in the gallery or on the floor in front of it? In other words, can H'Roosh reach it from the floor or does he have to climb into the gallery. Also, how high is the gallery from the floor?[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=OOC]Is the giant above us in the gallery or on the floor in front of it? In other words, can H'Roosh reach it from the floor or does he have to climb into the gallery. Also, how high is the gallery from the floor?[/sblock]

[sblock=H'Roosh]The giant is up on the gallery which if 15' above the floor. There are stairs leading up there.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
OOC - I think I am reading the map correctly but let me know if this is not possible.

IC - Trusting that his new shirt has concealed him, Radoon takes off at a full sprint to climb the stairs behind the giant. Hoping to end at a level even with the giant's head and directly behind it. K17?

(shirt of wraith stalking can be found in the magic item compendium page 216. This item is not a one time use item right?)

Where is the other cleric?

OOC: Um, the other cleric, ah had to answer a call of nature and just stepped out for a moment. Either that or you DM had a brain cramp. :eek:

The giant is up in the gallery some 15' above the floor. He's 12' tall. You'll be on the same floor as him when you go up or level with his arse rather than head. The shirt appears to be working and it is a permanent item.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh quickly maps out the fastest way to get into the fight, and sprints across the floor and up the stairs. He passes Radoon on the way.

If I can get up and around, Radoon can get into a flank before the thing ever knows he's there.

[sblock=Actions]Double move up the stairs and to L16.

Not sure at what point he'll need to start making tumble checks to avoid AoOs. I went ahead and made three with increasing penalties - I'll let you interpret.
Tumble Checks (1d20+11=13, 1d20+9=16, 1d20+7=22)[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Zurrik takes a 5 ft step towards the giant and sends an Eldritch Spear towards his foe, but he hits the balcony edge instead. A shower of stone fragments rains down.

Radoon glides wraith-like across the floor and onto the steps drawing no notice from the Giant. As he moves H'Roosh comes pounding forward passing the older man.

The low flames in the fireplace blaze up and a small manlike creature can be seen among the flames grinning as he sends a curtain of fire roaring out at the old Sailor and the Monk (21 points of fire damage, reflex save DC 16 for half).

As H'Roosh tumbles on the Giant takes up a spear and stabs down, but misses instead gouging the flagstone floor.

The diminutive arcanist's missiles unerringly strike the Giant.

The Giant takes up another stone and hurls it at the Gnome, but his aim is high and the stone shatters against the wall behind him.

The Cleric raises a divine focus and commands the giant to obey, but the the massive undead form seems to resist the effort. Geoffrey clambers up from where he had fallen and moves to rejoin the fray.

OOC: New map coming this evening.

Initiative:

Zurrik 17
Radoon 13
H'Roosh 12
Fire Critter 11
Gnurl 10
Undead Giant 8
Geoffrey 7

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Out of the corner of his eye, something catches Radoon's attention and he sees the flames begin shooting out nearly as quickly as they begin. As H'Roosh passes the old man, Radoon gives the monk a helpful push to help push him ahead of the flame while at the same time, stopping short of the main cone himself. Still, he is a bit distracted as he runs, putting out the flames on his arms.

reflex save (1d20+7=24)

(1/2 damage)

OOC - waiting on the map to be sure he is reached his intended position.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Gnurl takes as much cover as he possibly can in square G7 and casts Dispel Magic on/at the 'man-like' fire creature in the fireplace. "Get thee back to the elemental hell that spawned thee, Ice Tongue!"

OOC: "Ice Tongue" is Gnurl's idea of an insult to a fire elemental. Go figure. :confused:

Remove ads