Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling, Gnome Wizard at Small

Not entirely satisfied with the results of his previous Magic Missile, Gnurl fires another charge into the Ex-Giant.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Feeling a little frustrated that his attacks are not being more effective, but more and more at ease with the idea he might actually be invisible, Radoon again attacks and moves 5' to the right after doing so. Unfortunately only the first swing makes contact and it is not much more than a grazing blow.

How can I be missing this thing? It's a freaking giant!!! The old man thinks to himself.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Zurrik staggers from the impact of the boulder, but he continues his assault on the giant, sending another Eldritch Spear.

Feeling a little frustrated that his attacks are not being more effective, but more and more at ease with the idea he might actually be invisible, Radoon again attacks and moves 5' to the right after doing so. Unfortunately only the first swing makes contact and it is not much more than a grazing blow.

H'Roosh fairly leaps up the stairs and throws a quick punch at the giant, but misses his timing.

Not entirely satisfied with the results of his previous Magic Missile, Gnurl fires another charge into the Ex-Giant. This barrage proves much more satisfying as the giant staggers and tumbles over the edge of the balcony and splatters onto the floor in a heap of rotting flesh and moldering bone. The smell is overwhelming and only with great effort of will can you all control the urge to retch.

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Zurrik moves to the fireplace and stops to listen for sounds of the thing that was crawling away previously.

Leif

Adventurer

Gnurl blows the 'smoke' off the end of his wand and stows it. "Teach him to mess with US we did!"

OOC: No, not that wand, Silly! His wand of magic missile!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh watches the celebrations of his friends, but holds his peace.

Well for them to celebrate, but there's a lich yet to conquer; if I'm to do as well against the ruler of this foul place as I did against its minion, I may as well just throw myself in front of its first spell as a sacrifice . . .

Leif

Adventurer

"Nay, say not so, Dear H'Roosh! If your sacrifice is to be of the most benefit, you must draw him out a bit more first and let him waste some of his power. And then sacrifice yourself nobly!" ;) :D

Scotley

Hero
Zurrik notes a few motes of soot still falling indicating recent passage up the shaft, but it appears that the Mephit has moved on to an exit further up, either outside or into another fireplace elsewhere within the tower. The shaft would be an easy fit for Gnurl, but the rest of you would find it very tight, particularly H'Roosh who could well become stuck.

If the retreating creature raised an alarm there is no immediate response.

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Staring at the fireplace, Zurrik notes, "Well the little bugger got away. He's sure to show up again." Moving towards the closed door, he asks, "Wonder what's behind this door?"

OOC: There was a closed door in this room, right?

Remove ads