D&D 5E Isle of Dread reprint, Goodman Games Original Adventures Reincarnated

darjr

I crit!
I think they said this was a possibility last year but now it’s real!

The first big news is the announcement of the second volume in our Original Adventures Reincarnated line. The first volume, Into the Borderlands, was the biggest release in the history of Goodman Games. The reception to it continues to amaze us, and we are thrilled beyond belief. And we are very proud to announce that the second volume in the series is…drum roll please…X1: The Isle of Dread!

http://goodman-games.com/blog/2018/08/07/gen-con-announcements-round-one/

883B113C-361D-4D79-B650-A0A3ACE807B0.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Interesting that the first book was their biggest product ever, but that seems to be a 5e theme.

Just reading the description, this looks to be a much slimmer volume.

Half the number of adventures and half the number of reprints probably will not equal half the price of the first one. Depending on page count, I would expect this one to be between $30-40 on release.

guachi

Hero
I think a pdf of the original is $5. I could see a $5 premium to pay someone to convert the adventure. So $10 is a fair price, IMO.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
These books are more than just conversions & reprints of the original adventures. They include historical notes and essays by people who play-tested the adventures back in the day. At least, The B1/B2 reprint did.

Sure, if all you want to do is run the adventure again, it's cheaper to just buy the PDF from DriveThruRPG and print it on your own, as lowkey13 said, it's easy to convert BECMI/1e modules to 5E (or even 4E; I ran B2 in my first 4E campaign and it was a snap). These books are for the nostalgic collectors out there (of whom there are many)... and maybe people who have the originals but those thin map/covers are split in twain from age and wear. :D

Remove ads