It's 10 pm. Do know where your credit history is?

yennico

First Post
Kanegrundar said:
I don't carry any credit cards anymore. I still have lines of credit for my car and computer that get paid on time and usually get double the minimum payment. Beyond that, if I can't pay with cash, check, or debit card I figure I don't really need it.
I totally agree.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
A while ago, I worked a student summer job for Equifax Europe - that company was an absolute joke. If nothing much has changed (and why should it?) and their canadian systems are anything like the Euro ones, I'm not suprised people have found holes in it.

My least favorite was where people got 'assigned' someone elses bad credit history - that was just plain nasty - not a great deal that can easily be done about it either. Usually happened when you moved into a property which had a person with a terrible credit history and a similar/same name.

My credit rating is currently OK. Getting a mortgage does seem to have sent the CC and loan companies into some kind of mailing frenzy though.

Reese

Banned
Banned
Thankfully safe. My husband and I always come to agreement about large purchases and pay them off as quickly as possible, to avoid paying too much due to percentages.

glass

(he, him)
Kanegrundar said:
My credit is getting better if that is an indication. I get a lot of offers every week. That wasn't the case a couple years ago.

I'm not sure it is. As I mentioned above, my credit rating is basically screwed, but I still get junkmail offering loans, credit cards and the like. It's just that the deals they offer get worse: I was recently offered a card with an interest rate of 'just' 26%. As you can imagine, I told them to get knotted.

EDIT: Not that I generally pay any credit card interest -I almost always pay the full balance each month, but it's still better to have a lower rate in case of emergencies.

glass.

Last edited:

Darth K'Trava

First Post
glass said:
I'm not sure it is. As I mentioned above, my credit rating is basically screwed, but I still get junkmail offering loans, credit cards and the like. It's just that the deals they offer get worse: I was recently offered a card with an interest rate of 'just' 26%. As you can imagine, I told them to get knotted.

EDIT: Not that I generally pay any credit card interest -I almost always pay the full balance each month, but it's still better to have a lower rate in case of emergencies.

glass.

Ouch! The Brit banks seem to rip their customers off moreso than American banks.... here you can, if you're lucky, get cards with about 10% interest. Although more seem to be between 14-22%; the higher usually dept. store cards.

glass

(he, him)
Darth K'Trava said:
Ouch! The Brit banks seem to rip their customers off moreso than American banks.... here you can, if you're lucky, get cards with about 10% interest. Although more seem to be between 14-22%; the higher usually dept. store cards.

The credit rate I quoted isn't typical of UK credit cards, hence my response to it. In fact the credit card I actually have has an interest rate of just under 10% (I think, I don't generally pay any interest anyway). It's just that if I didn't already have the card I have, I probably couldn't get it now.

Anyway, term has ended now so I've got a bit more free time. Time for another flurry of letter writing, I think!

glass.

Remove ads