• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's Almost the Season for WOTC layoff!

Jack99

Adventurer
I am astounded that the mods let this stay open. It's just poor taste. It's fine to discuss the practice itself, but:

I wonder who will get the axe this year?

this doesn't belong on ENworld, IMNSHO.

Woas

First Post
What's the difference about talking about it now before it may or may not happen. Or like every other previous time when it happened and we all gather round like gitty school girls gossiping about it? :confused:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
What's the difference about talking about it now before it may or may not happen. Or like every other previous time when it happened and we all gather round like gitty school girls gossiping about it? :confused:

The only basic difference is that if WotC wants to take the vocal minority's sensibilities into account, they can do so if we speak beforehand. Not so much after the fact.

My general understanding is that yearly layoffs may or may not be sound management - it really depends on the specifics of your work.

Having yearly layoffs before the holidays is pretty sad stuff. Really, if you have to do a yearly round of layoffs, move your fiscal year so you can balance the books when it isn't so demoralizing.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer

It's "talk about an accident you saw" vs. "sit beside the street with popcorn and a garden chair waiting for the accident to happen."

Jupp

Explorer
Dear OP, how would you feel if we would openly discuss your current employment and the probable chance that you get a kick in the rear end within the next few weeks? Your thread is tasteless, non-constructive and insulting to those that work at the company in question.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads