• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's ready to test!

Lansolyn

First Post
Alrighty folks, this is the moment you've all been waiting for. The upgrade alter is ready for your testing enjoyment. Just download the attacked module and play it in single player with your favorite character! Test out the different item properties and let me know if you find anything wrong.

Just so everyone knows...
There is an XP cost associated with upgrading an item. This is how it works. (For all who care the formula's used are at the bottom by their step letter. IE formulas used in step A will be under step A at the bottom :))

A) The module will determine the approximate enhancement value of your item.

B) Then the module will add the new item bonus level to that. (If you get a level 1 bonus it adds +1 and so on up till 5 for +5.)

C) The module translates this back into a Gold Piece Value for your item, and then...

D) The module calculates the difference between the approximate gold piece value for the new item and the current (old) gold piece value for the item.

E) You will then pay 5% of the difference in XP.

In essence you only pay for the upgrades. Not for the current enchantment of the item. Please keep in mind that the progression of the cost per enchantment is exponential. Each upgrade will be more expensive then the last.

Because of the way the computer has to handle the numbers the enchantment costs are approximate. That means that sometimes you'll pay a little more for an enchantment that you think should cost XYZ, and sometimes you will pay less than that cost. However, in the end it should all balance out =)

Post here with BUGS and with REQUESTS. I'll fix the bugs (or do my best) and I'll think about requests. PLEASE NOTE: I will NOT cange the XP cost. Changing the xp cost will require me to manual edit the 200+ individual item property scripts that make this work. (Unless of course there's a bug and you're paying 912376 xp for a +1 upgrade or something...) When all the bugs are fixed I'll submit a polished copy for morrus :)

Thanks All!!
Lansolyn

FORMULAS:

A) Square Root of (GPV / 2000) = oldbonus
B) oldbonus + enchantment (IE 1 - 5) = newbonus
C) ((newbonus * newbonus) * 2000) = newGPV
D) newGPV - GPV = golddifference
E) golddifference * .05 = XP cost

Lansolyn

First Post
It would TOTALLY help if I added the module :p

This is the Message that I have to put in so that the forum will post my attachment

Attachments

• Alter Test.zip
    119.5 KB · Views: 71

youspoonybard

First Post
This looks really exciting!

Some of the scripts don't seem to work, though. I will test this more thoroughly, but so far, Keen did not produce a gem; nor does the emerald pillar (I believe) drop anything.

Going to go through and test each item individually now.

Elendiel

First Post
All right, how about a user's guide to this?

All four magical sparks produce gems. Cool. I found a bunch of items in the chest to, I suppose, test the altar -- or the brazier.

Only when I click on said brazier/altar (and by the way, it should be spelled that way throughout, not "alter"), the only choice I get is "Abandon the altar". So I try to equip the item I want upgraded. Nothing. Then I put it in the chest. Still nothing. Then I put both the item and a (random) gem in the chest. Nothing.

So?

Elendiel

First Post

All four magical sparks produce gems. Cool. I found a bunch of items in the chest to, I suppose, test the altar -- or the brazier.

Only when I click on said brazier/altar (and by the way, it should be spelled that way throughout, not "alter"), the only choice I get is "Abandon the altar". So I try to equip the item I want upgraded. Nothing. Then I put it in the chest. Nothing. Then I put both the item and a (random) gem in the chest. Nothing. Then I leave only the gem in the chest and equip the item I want upgraded. Nothing.

So?

Elendiel

First Post

Only when I click on said brazier/altar (and by the way, it should be spelled that way throughout, not "alter"), the only choice I get is "Abandon the altar". So I try to equip the item I want upgraded. Nothing. Then I put it in the chest. Nothing. Then I put both the item and a (random) gem in the chest. Nothing. Then I leave only the gem in the chest and equip the item I want upgraded. Nothing.

So?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads