• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's the little things...

Asmor

First Post
So I got KotS today. I tore open the cellophane on the elevator ride up, got comfy, and then opened it up as I sat down on the couch.

The sight of those two booklets bearing the D&D logo brought an immediate smile to me. I just sat there staring for a moment staring at the simple elegance of the presentation, basking in my long-awaited fourth edition.

Yeah, it would have been nice if the booklets were of a bit higher quality, but to whichever person is responsible for designing the covers and getting them to match up with the edge of the folders so wonderfully, I wish a big bunch of kudos to you.

Tharian

First Post
Boarstorm said:
My only complaint with the quality of the module is the fact that they printed it on toilet paper.
I wasn't too thrilled with that either. The paper covers are already basically ruined due to how the ink reacted to (and smeared onto) my skin.

Enoch

Explorer
I've been hearing a lot about smearing with KotS, but I've been reading mine all day and not a smear to be found. Maybe it was a fluke during the printing process so only a few got the crappy inking.

-Joshua

OchreJelly

First Post
yeah the pages don't seem much better than a typical catalog that comes in the mail. As I have been reading it, the covers have developed a curve that won't go away even after setting them down.

That being said from what I have read the module is nice and at the game table it at least will be able to lay open on any page.

phil500

First Post
Boarstorm said:
My only complaint with the quality of the module is the fact that they printed it on toilet paper.

no one has mentioned that it doesnt have a back cover. its not just that its a magazine that upset me, but a magazine with its cover ripped off.

that said i plan to enjoy this adventure immensely.

aknaton

First Post
Good enough paper quality

Boarstorm said:

There's nothing wrong with the paper. The paper has a smoth surface (no texture) and its matte (I don't really know if the is the correct term in English). I had no problems with smearing and the colors look great.

The only problem is that the cover of the booklets are not in heavier stock.

Last edited:

Remove ads