WotC It's time for a D&D Theme Park

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
All the vendors at the D&D theme park are required to be very quirky and cagey and it has to be a chore to buy anything from them. Otherwise you're not getting the full D&D experience.
One of the bigger impediments is acquiring the proper deathtrap permits for the property. The red tape is a nightmare, I'm told.

* To say nothing of the necessary Class A Murderhobo licenses for guests.

Undrave

Legend
Galaxy's Edge as it is now is a decent example of what a D&D park could be like, where every vendor and attendant is actually a character and you got a few surprise interactions you can get if you dive into it, but also fun rides. I could see one of those score-based simulator ride working (for some reasons those 'ride to a screen and shoot at it' experiences are popular?).

The hotel tho...

If Disney couldn't afford them, I'm not sure who could.
There's a difference between 'Disney can't afford it' and 'Disney isn't willing to pay'. Just compare anything between Tokyo Disney Resort and some of Disney's duds (Euro Disney's opening, Disneyland Paris' second gate, Hong Kong Disneyland, California Adventure, Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser...) you can see the difference between a small business going 'No expense spared!' and a bigger one penny pinching.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
There's a difference between 'Disney can't afford it' and 'Disney isn't willing to pay'. Just compare anything between Tokyo Disney Resort and some of Disney's duds (Euro Disney's opening, Disneyland Paris' second gate, Hong Kong Disneyland, California Adventure, Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser...) you can see the difference between a small business going 'No expense spared!' and a bigger one penny pinching.
Who's paying for Fantasy Galaxy's Edge?

I think we should be hoping for "basic carnival, with D&D theming."

Remove ads