• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jack Chick - GenCon 2004 Guest of Honor?!?!

Fathead

First Post
I saw the other Jack Chick thread and couldn't help myself. :D

I remember fondly of the Milwaukee days when you'd be accosted outside of the convention center by assailants weilding Jack Chick pamphlets. Aaaahhhh...those were the days....

You know what though...if Jack Chick were a guest of honor, I'd stand in line to get his autograph on his D&D pamphlet. That would enter into the hallowed halls amongst my treasured D&D items!

Is anyone else with me on this?

Wippit Guud

First Post
"Mr Chick, the group of people you hate more than anyone else wants you to be the guest of honor at their biggest 'gathering of evil'. Will you accept?"

He'd either think it was a joke or an attempt to use our evil spells to warp his mind.

Fathead

First Post
But...would Jack Chick actually pass up the chance? His convictions may be such that he would attend. Of course, he'd bring an army of pamphlet weilding fanatics with him...but it would be a small price to pay to get him to autograph his D&D mini-pamphlet!! Besides, it would add a strangely comical element, that I'm sure would be the talk of convention-goers everywhere!

To this day, Tewligan and I can't talk about Jack Chick without grinning widely...

Flyspeck23

First Post
Fathead said:
You know what though...if Jack Chick were a guest of honor, I'd stand in line to get his autograph on his D&D pamphlet. That would enter into the hallowed halls amongst my treasured D&D items!
Or you could sell it on eBay. You'd make millions. ;)

Wippit Guud

First Post
Fathead said:
But...would Jack Chick actually pass up the chance? His convictions may be such that he would attend. Of course, he'd bring an army of pamphlet weilding fanatics with him...but it would be a small price to pay to get him to autograph his D&D mini-pamphlet!! Besides, it would add a strangely comical element, that I'm sure would be the talk of convention-goers everywhere!
I think he'd pass it up... since he believes magic is real, he'd expect about 50 power word: kill spells to go off once he hits the building.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'd rather keep Jack Chick out of Gencon - because knowing the entirety of gamer fandom, He'd likely wind up dead of a stroke, naked and painted purple swinging from a flagpole on the 14th floor exterior of the Marriott. :eek:

Moved to off-topic.

Fathead

First Post
Flyspeck23 said:
Or you could sell it on eBay. You'd make millions. ;)

Man...I'm getting excited about this prospect!

At the very least, I may have to search the man out myself. I'm certain that an autographed Jack Chick pamphlet would sell well at the GenCon auction... :D

Tsyr

Explorer
Fathead said:
Man...I'm getting excited about this prospect!

At the very least, I may have to search the man out myself. I'm certain that an autographed Jack Chick pamphlet would sell well at the GenCon auction... :D

Good luck... he's gone all hermit-like.

Malcolm

First Post
I want Jack Chick to sign my 1st Ed. 1st Printing of Deities and Demigods.

I want him to sign next to Cthulhu's Pic soooooo baaaaaad.. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads