• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

James M. at Grognardia (*incorrectly*) reports that Dave Arneson has passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
The Celestial All-Star D&D Game is now beginning!:angel:

We'll miss you Dave!:(

Tell Gary we said Hi and we miss him.

S'mon

Legend
From Grognardia: GROGNARDIA

Dave Arneson is Still with Us
The report of Dave's death I received was apparently mistaken. I had been told by someone who had worked with Dave in recent years that Dave had passed away earlier today, but this seems not to be the case. He is currently in a hospice where he is being cared for at this time.

I am both glad to hear that Dave is not dead, as I was led to believe, and rather mortified at my having posted this information before it had been confirmed by a second source. I had no reason to doubt my original source, given his close proximity to Dave, but apparently I should have.

My apologies to everyone to whom my post has caused distress. I can't begin to describe how embarrassed I feel right now, particularly since I should have known better.

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
From Grognardia: GROGNARDIA

Dave Arneson is Still with Us
The report of Dave's death I received was apparently mistaken. I had been told by someone who had worked with Dave in recent years that Dave had passed away earlier today, but this seems not to be the case. He is currently in a hospice where he is being cared for at this time.

I am both glad to hear that Dave is not dead, as I was led to believe, and rather mortified at my having posted this information before it had been confirmed by a second source. I had no reason to doubt my original source, given his close proximity to Dave, but apparently I should have.

My apologies to everyone to whom my post has caused distress. I can't begin to describe how embarrassed I feel right now, particularly since I should have known better.

Facepalm

Glad Dave's still with us though.

Gryffyn

First Post
I can add an independent confirmation that Dave is still with us. I have a mutual friend with Dave, who spoke to his family not long ago. He is in a hospice, and is still with us, though for how long none can really say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads