JA's - The Borderland Keep

Rhun

First Post
"If it please you, my lord, I would request the honor of accompanying the soldiers when they are dispatched against this 'Elkkiller.' I have some experience in dealing with giants."

J. Alexander

First Post
As Teket leaves the old man just remains seated and then address the rest of the party.
"impatient is he not" then leaving the moment he adds "It will be 30 to 45 days before they arrive, at which point most of the harvest should be in and the levies available for call in necessary..until they arrive it is more of a wait and see...I imagine you could use the time to see to your own holds..." turning to to the scribe he says "Sense they are here, may as well give them their land deeds and a map of how to get there...and see to it the fiesty one recieves his as well"

"Now is there anything else you wish to discuss or ask?"

Rhun

First Post
"No, my lord. Thank you." Edoryan offers his new liege a bow, and then moves to converse with the scribe to receive the aforementioned documents.

ghostcat

First Post
Realising that the interview is over, Catylina curtsies and slowly heads over to pick up her papers.

She is feeling out of her depth and is starting to regret taking the contract. Still Catylina has never been one to quit just because things get tough. What she really needs is someone who can help her manage the estate while she looks after the security of Rosedale.

Having decided on what she needs to do, Catylina's first step after leaving the Baron is to hunt up captain Sky and ask him if he knows anyone suitable.

[sblock=JA]
OOC: JA with an 8 INT, Catylina is not really up to managing an Estate, so I need an NPC (or preferably an Expert class PC) to run it for her.

Do you want to provide one or can I create my own?
[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Greeting one and all
The new computer is up compatiablity issues are now resolved

As the party begins to break up, you hear bells begin to ring. It is a pattern of two bells one deep and one high pitch being rung two deep and three high in a repeating pattern

ghost - go ahead and create

ghostcat

First Post
OOC: This post covers Catylina's background activities for the next three days. She can still response to events as and when necessary

Catylina takes a room in the Rosedale Inn and starts her search for an Estate Manager.

Three days later, Catylina is starting to despair. She is sitting in the common room of the inn having just finished interviewing the last of the candidates that Captain Sky told her my be suitable. Unfortunately, this one was as hopeless as the rest. The first one, Arren, was an arrogant SOB and it didn't take Catylina long to determine that he thought he should be the Steward not her. The second one, Bathan, wouldn't even talk to her. "I'm not working for no f'g bitch." was all he said before walking off. Yet the third one, Cinntar, was the worst. It was obvious from the outset that he was more interested in getting into Catylina's pants than he was in getting the job.

Just then one of the Waitresses brings Catylina a much needed ale and addresses her "I hope you don't mind me speaking to you mi lady." she says blushing. "But you really should stop wasting time on those losers. I can do the job better than that lot put together and I'll prove it to you if you'll let me." At this point Catylina is desperate enough to listen to anyone, so she invites the girl, an half-elf named Rose, to her room at the end of her shift.

Later, sitting in Catylina's room Rose makes her pitch. "I am the bastard of Ethelos Calligos, an Elf who is a major landowner in <distant human country>. Ethelos forced himself on my mother, one of his servants. Still at least he didn't throw her out when she became pregnant and mother needed the work so couldn't leave. So I ended up growing up as a servant in my father's house. I later learnt that the reason Ethelos kept us on was that he intended to do the same to me as he did to my mum. However, his own mother somehow put the fear of god in him and wouldn't let him touch me until I reach my majority. Before then the lady Thelisa told me to leave but promised to protect my mum. Eventually I ended up here.

Anyway enough about my background. I told you that so you would know what kind of girl you are getting and can judge whether or not you can work with me. As for my qualification for the job. As I got older I was used as a messenger both within the house and without. Now an intelligent girl who keeps her eyes and ears open, who also has access to all of the correspondence and occasionally sneaks a peak at the books, can learn a lot about managing an estate. So: Yes I know I can do the job, No I don't have any experience."

After listening to Rose's story, Catyline spends some time questioning her, especially about her ideas of what they can do with the estate. Finally she says "You're hired. I can only afford to pay you 20GPs per month. But if things go like I hope their will be bonuses."
[sblock="Rose"]
[sblock=Game Info]
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Expert(1)
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Hero Points:
Alignment: Neutral Good
Languages: Common, Elven, Gnome
Deity: [/sblock]
[sblock=Abilities](Used Ability Array for Humanoids with NPC class levels)
STR 8 (-1) [base 8]
DEX 10 (+0) [base 10]
CON 9 (-1) [base 9]
INT 12 (+1) [base 12]
WIS 15 (+2) [base 13]
CHA 11 (+0) [base 11]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
HP: 7 = [(1d8)-1]
AC: 10 = 10 + 0 [Armor] + 0 [shield] + 0 [DEX]
Touch: 10 = 10 + 0 [DEX]
Flatfooted: 10 = 10 + 0 [Armor] + 0 [shield]
INIT: +0 = +0 [DEX]
BAB: +0 = +0[Expert (1)]
CMB: -1 = -1 (STR) +0 (BAB)
CMD: 9 = 10 -1 (STR) +0 (DEX) +0 (BAB)
Fort: -1 = +0 [base] + -1 [CON]
Reflex: +0 = +0 [base] + 0 [DEX]
Will: +4 = +2 [base] + 2 [WIS]
Speed: 30 ft.
Damage Reduction:
Spell Resistance: 0[/sblock]
[sblock=Racial Traits]
Adaptability
Elf Blood
Elven Immunities
Keen Senses
Multitalented[/sblock]
[sblock=Class Features]
Expert Class Skills
- Bluff
- Diplomacy
- Knowledge (Geography)
- Knowledge (History)
- Knowledge (Nobility)
- Profession (Estate Manager)
- Perception
- Sense Motive
- Stealth
- Slight of Hand[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats]
Class Feats:
Armor Proficiency, Light
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Feats:
Half-Elf Adaptability: Skill Focus (Profession (Estate Manager))
1st Level: Alertness[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Skill Ranks: 7 = [6 (class) + +1 (INT)] x 1 (LvL) + 00 (misc) + 00 (Favored Class)
ACP: -0
Skills:
() = class skill
^ = trained only
Code:
Total                               Stat   Rank  CS  Misc  ACP
+04 =  Bluff                        +00    +01   +?  +03       CHA
+04 =  Diplomacy                    +00    +01   +?  +03       CHA
+06 =  Knowledge (Engineering)^     +01    +01   +?  +04       INT
+05 =  Knowledge (Geography)^       +01    +01   +?  +03       INT
+05 =  Knowledge (History)^         +01    +01   +?  +03       INT
+10 =  Perception                   +02    +01   +?  +07       WIS
+09 =  Profession (Estate Manager)^ +02    +01   +?  +06       WIS
+09 =  Sense Motive                 +02    +01   +?  +06       WIS
[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Equipment                                Cost   Weight
Total weight carried: 0 lbs.
Treasure: 0gp, 0sp, 0cp Gems:

Carrying Capacity
Light: 0 to 26lbs
Medium: 27 to 53lbs
Heavy: 54 to 80lbs
Maximum weight possible: 80 [/sblock]
[sblock=Details]
Size: M
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 100 lbs.
Hair Color: Deep Blue
Eye Color: Blond
Skin Color: Pale[/sblock][sblock=Appearance]Rose is a pretty, slightly build half-elven girl, with long, wavy, blond hair and deep blue eyes. She normally wears a black corset over a white blouse and a long light blue skirt.[/sblock] [/sblock]

Remove ads