JA's - The Prince's Own

J. Alexander

First Post
Having each chose a path that they think best suits their person, the party members travel down hall ways that appear to be winding and longer than expected. You are not sure what is happening but while you can not see you have no problem navigating the paths you have chosen and soon each is at set of three doors.. Each door has a plaque on it..The one to the left is marked Power the center one is Marked Respect the right one Gravatias...

which one do you choose

Scotley

Hero
Since there is no door labeled Virtus, Henry strides up to the door labeled Gravitas and tries it. It is the right one after all.

Axel

First Post
Declan

Declan long paused at the doors, and considered all three by the flickering light of his spell. Thinking back on the family's purpose in putting forward his candidacy, he thought further.

To safeguard the family, first and foremost was my purpose. To advance our causes was secondary. Respect is the one I am most confident I do not need. Respect is meaningless in any true sense of controlling events and learning what great schemes are at work. Besides, it can be lost in an instant if the true powers in the kingdom shift.

Gravitas... Attracting and manipulating people is a useful skill. People attending my cause will lead to power, and the ability to control events to my liking. Provided of course, that I do not fail my followers or lose face terribly.

Power, on the other hand, is probably the distilled essence of why I am here. Father would have me seek power for myself - and by extension the family - ahead of winning friends. Power for myself as an individual could not readily be taken away. I would need rely on none save myself and my God, both of which are to be relied upon at need.

Having nearly resolved his purpose, Declan paused still further, thinking of the subtleties that had already been in play over the past days. There may be some trickery at hand here, to root out those that are undeserving of service. I must be more cautious. Reaching out his hands in the darkness, the young man cast Detect Magic, considering any auras emanating from the doors before making a final selection.

Satisfied there was nothing akin to the book on the stage, Declan moved to the left-most door labelled 'Power' and walked through without further hesitation.

[sblock=ooc]
Game related first... Declan is scarred (and scared!) of any magical devices and traps remotely similar to that bloody book on the stage. IF he sees any auras that broadly correspond to the book on the stage he may choose differently.

You'd be right JA, my timezone is umm...rather different to the others in the group. We're nominally 8 hours ahead of GMT here, so probably 8 hours behind while simultaneously a day ahead of most of the group. I'm used to most of the interesting parts of the 'net being way out of synch with me.\

Apologies for the delay in posting also. I had an 80 hour week last week. Between work, hockey commitments and my son and wife there was no time for anything else.
[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
The doors do not radiate any magic.

Having made their choice the party, as individuals step thru their repectvie doorway and into and into a large room that has the look of both a chapel and a audience room. the room is about 60 by 120 feet in dimensions. About 80 feet directly in front of the doors is a ivory, gold and mithril altar. another 20 feet behind it is a large ivory thorn trimmed in gold and mithril. Flanking the altart, three to either side and one in front are clerics of some sort in formal reglia. Sitting upon the thorn is Lord Vasa and flanking him is the younger man you saw in the hospital.

A voice booms out "You have chosen freely paths in life, now you must choose to enter unto royal service. All those whising to take service approach the altar and lay upon it the token of your essence and take oath"

Actions

Remove ads