JA's - The Prince's Own

J. Alexander

First Post
Fixing a somewhat piercing gaze upon Delcan he answers "the internal workings of theroyal house are complex and varied and not for general discussion,,i will add that the thorne goes to who Iwish itto go to ,that is the law, that is the custome, it does not always follow seniority,,in that path lies the death of a dynasty"

Axel

First Post
Declan

Declan blinked in surprise. I never spoke of my thoughts of succession...the king must be reading minds someh......oh!

Declan gulped in nervousness, and flicked his eyes quickly over the strange clerics surrounding the king and his great grandson. "I understand, your majesty," he said, bowing low.

Desperately, he tried to stop thinking of anything much. To cope, he thought of harmless things, using the near-naked Kyra as a starting point.

Scotley

Hero
Waiting for Scotley

OOC: Most humble apologies for the delay. Real Life slipped me a Mickey and had its way with me for the last week or so.

Henry is surprised at the revelation of serving the Prince.

"I came to serve. I had no expectation that it would be a specific member of the household. I will serve Prince William if he will have me."

J. Alexander

First Post
"Then we have terms then" the king states.

"Very Good Very Very Good." we will take your true oaths this night with the formal oaths to occure with the other applicatns in a months time"

The party is then directed to stand before the altar and the oaths are administared on a one by one basis. The odd thing is that while the oaths are being stated the Princes hand is both on your right shoulder and on the item you have laid upon the altar. During the ceremony he does not speak other than to voice acceptacne of the oath.

The next four weeks fly by quickly and you have yet to be moved from the ward. As the formal ceremony apporaches everyone is excited as this is when the appointments to the selected house will be annouced.

During the period you each receive a letter from your family, while different, it all has more or less the same meaning...Family indebitness has been paid off, minor family members appointed to local offices such as notary, tax collector, post master, baliff etc..minor acreage here and there added to the family holdings, various legal suits as well seem to be resolved in your families favor.

Any Actions before the formal ceremony

Scotley

Hero
Henry will reply to the letter with his father thankful for the family's seeming good fortune. He will let his father know that he is well and will be taking formal oath's on the date specified, but will leave the other details vague until they can talk in person. He will inquire about various relations and end with the usual salutations.

OOC: [sblock=DM]Henry works hard on his recovery trying to get in some weapons practice and recover his strength. He also spends some time in meditation and prayer trying to strengthen mind as well as body. The attacks and events of that first night left him with an awareness for the first time that he might face threats beyond those of the body. He will also try to find out more about Prince William--likes, dislikes, colors (and possibly commission some clothing of those colors), favored weapons (and practice with those), favored activities and whatever gossip he can get about the man from the palace servants (particularly attractive female ones near his age).[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Kyra will use the time to familiarize herself with her new surroundings. Everything is still very new to her and so this is a welcome break to get up to speed with who is who and what is where.

Axel

First Post
Declan

I'm going to write this post ooc, because it will be long enough already...

There are a number of things Declan would like to do. I don't know how long some of them will take, so will list them in order of his priorities.

Question: Are we level 1 still, or now level 7? It doesn't really matter, in terms of what Declan will do, but will affect how I write things up in-character once I hear what he manages to achieve.

[sblock=Firstly] He wants to know more about "his" Prince. Declan will seek an audience with him (and any other party members that want to come) so as to learn what sort of a man he is, and his official position on all things political and otherwise. [/sblock]

[sblock=Secondly] Declan will work on establishing a network of "friends" and informers throughout the palace. Largely he'll approach servants and girls/women within 10 years or so of his own age. He'll seduce the attractive ones, charm the others and weasel/ingratiate with the more powerful or noble types. Divine blessings are things everyone wants! Note that this is broadly leading towards his Leadership feat at level 8 (Nobility domain) and story-ising the "follower" category.[/sblock]

[sblock=Thirdly] Declan will keep researching the previous dynasty's names and key players. Depending upon the years that have passed he will seek the longer lived demi-humans and search their libraries and living memories (assuming demi-humans are not taboo in the world).[/sblock]

[sblock=Fourthly] He will attend his priestly duties to the household, temple etc as required. These will not be neglected in favour of the other goals, but he will not prioritise or go far above the minimum required unless it advances his other goals.[/sblock]

Remove ads