Jemal's Anniversary Special IC

Jemal

Adventurer
The abomination does not even try to intercept Raivon's whip, ignoring the puny weapon as it knocks aside the 'bigger' threat of Alzoll's claws. A second later Raivon teaches it why she is deserving of respect, as the whip bursts into flame, wrapping around one of the tentacles and dismembering it.

Unfortunately for her, the injured and angry beast has many more tentacles, and as it continues it's seemingly unstoppable growth, it lashes out at her alone!
Being much more agile than she'd dare hope, the newly made demon-princess dives beneath the attack, narrowly avoiding the huge strike. Unfortunately for her, two smaller ones dive in, wrapping around her! Seconds later however, they are wrenched free as David's chains rip her free.

OOC:
Well, Raivon hits it hard enough to Daze it again, but Alzoll misses.
C.Jr attacks Raivon with a multiple-attack, misses with the main damaging one but hits with the grapple. She is saved by David's Deflect.
D'Raven/Wrahn:
Good news, you will both be breaking free on your next turn. If Rob would like to use extra effort or a hero point he can take an action, or just wait one more round.

Alzoll = Bruised.
David = Dazed(Til end of his turn)
Rob = Stunned(Til end of his turn)
C.Jr = Bruised 3, STILL Dazed

BBs

First Post
Scott replies back to Raivon "Exactly, you're not firing and missing something the size of a building! ... a building that's roaring mind you. ... Screw it I'm going in!" Scott charges to the gigantic beast.

OOC: charging at Cthulhu whileflying if possible. :)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"We need to bring it down hard! Combine your attacks!" Juan calls out.

OOC: I'm hoping we can do a group attack here. Juan has teamwork, so he ca use his throw attack and get up to a +6 to aid which will give a +2 to damage bonus of the attacker. the attacks have to be of the same kind, and the one with the greatest damage bonus should make the leading attack.

D'Raven

First Post
David goes from flipping off the eldrich horror to anything and everything in the general area. "I'm doing my bit for teamwork. You lucky sods with bloody attacks need to step up your game."

[sblock=OoC] I keep shutting down his attacks with my chains.[/sblock]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Raivon

First Post
"At least I dazed it." She says back to Scott.
"Thanks David" Raivon calls out as she gets ready to attack again.

OOC: Raivon - Whip: +6, Toughness DC 19
Alzoll - Teleport 2, Melee: +4 atk, DC 21 Toughness

Jemal

Adventurer
Juan calls out for everybody to combine their attacks, throwing a summoned dagger at the beast while Scott, Raivon, and Alzoll attack.
Unfortunately, the team isn't very co-ordinated yet, and only Scott and Juan manage to strike the beast, the dagger striking into it's flesh, and Scott zooms in right behind it, hitting the hilt and smashing it even further in.
The angry, frustrated, and now 24 foot tall beast flails about at everybody around it, knocking them away, and then focuses it's tendrils directly at David, whose flailing chains seem to be angering it even more than the damage. The tentacles knock David's chains aside and begin to squeeze the life out of him.

OOC:
VV, I'm not sure why your sheet has Throw listed as DC 15.. that would be a zero rank damage effect.. I'm going to assume that's supposed to add whatever weapon you summon, but you didn't say what you're using. For now I'll just assume it's a standard dagger, but in the future please note what you're using. It actually IS important to note even for Team Attacks, because they use the highest effect rank that hits as a base, you don't choose who's being aided before hand.
Throw (1d20+4=24)
melee (1d20+5=24)
Whip (1d20+6=11)claw (1d20+4=9)
Scott and Juan hit, Juan gets a Crit, so adds the max of +5 teamwork to Scott's attack effect, raising the DC to 25.
Toughness (1d20+8=23) Another bruise for the big guy.

Raivon and Scott get 1 HP each for DM Fiat. You are both knocked away from the beast and essentially loose your next round. (Alzoll is as well, but no HP since he's an NPC).
*You may use the HP gained to 'recover' and act if you wish, but you'll still be 'away' from the beast and have to move towards it again, though with your movement modes that won't be an issue.*

DAVID! Good tanking, you've finally drawn Agro.
KILL DAVE (1d20+8=25)
Deflect (1d20+5=22) *NOTE: I just used your dodge/parry listed on sheet, but then noticed that your dodge + Toughness is under cap, so you still get the full +6 deflect as that +4 tough would equal your 10 cap. A 23 still fails though.
He hits you. DC 25..
Toughness (1d20+4=15) Two degrees of failure, so Dazed and Bruised (This dazed only lasts one round)
Fast Grab (1d20+10=14)
Grab resist(Dodge) (1d20+5=11)
So despite his bad roll he still grabs you.

David = Bruised, Dazed, Grabbed(Immobile, Vulnerable).
Alzoll = Bruised.
Raivon/Scott = Stunned (1 round)
C.Jr = Bruised 4, STILL Dazed
C.Jr current stats: 24 feet, PL 9(Yes, it went up. MUAHAHA); Dodge/parry 17; Toughness 11(-3 bruises)

Last edited:

D'Raven

First Post
A cruel chuckle comes from behind David's mask, the marks and bruises fade almost as soon as they form. "Is that it? I've paid your mother to hit me harder then that." His chains start to wrap around the tentacles attempting to pull them off.

[sblock=OoC] Regeneration kicks in, yes I've been keeping track its an even turn. Removing my bruise, and possibly the daze, I then attempt to use grapple to get out. My bonus is a +8, I use one of my two HPs if I fail. Also as a side note grapple or dodge is used to resist grapple which ever is higher, since I was using my chains my grapple was +2. Deflection is used in place of dodge except for AoE's. it doesn't specifically say grapple but it does say except for AoE. It's why I'm under cap, so I get use out of delfection but don't die to AoE.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"Is that it? I've paid your mother to hit me harder then that."
"Dude that's so going on youtube." David could swear he hears from somewhere to the side.

OOC: You resist grab with Str or Dodge. You can use a grapple effect to try to break out, however.

The Defend action replaces your active defense vs an attack roll, not for resistance rolls you make.
DEFLECT: "Like the defend action...". DEFEND: "The attacker must equal or exceed your opposed check result in order to hit you."
He already beat your deflect to hit you, when you're making the grab check you've already been hit, this is a resistance check. It doesn't double-tap.

Last edited:

D'Raven

First Post
[sblock=OoC] just looked at the rules again and the counter to some one who "grabs" is to grab them first. Grab is only used offensively and is not used to counter or escape from. Athletics or acrobatics is used to escape. And is vs their routine str or grab. So.... +4 acrobatics I need a 16. Unless u rule other wise. Rules for escaping a grab are under escape
And how I'm reading it you don't roll grab just as you don't roll damage, we make a resistance check vs dc 20[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads