• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jemal's Prisoners

Shayuri

First Post
Mei nods her assent as well.

(Can anyone post a link to the OOC thread? I think it fell off the forum, and I forgot how much exp we started with. Silly me forgot to put it on the sheet, so I don't know if 5000xp was enough to level. :))

Avalon®

First Post
-SIN- said:
His glowing eyes linger on the crumpled form of Eoghan for a moment, leaving the rest of you unsure whether Valak has more to say to the broken man, but no more is said. Upon hearing Xing'dao's sneer, Valak moves to stand beside the tall Necromancer, his huge form dwarfing that of the wizard. "You should reserve your judgement, wizard", the last word spat with contempt, "For I was once like he is now". Turning his head he indicates toward Eoghan, "He will be like one of us. A kindred spirit. His path is chosen already, it's just a matter of walking it, which, like it or not, he shall do for the rest of his days, though once he tastes true power the burden he carries will quickly be forgotten..." He finishes, lapsing into silence once more.

"I am not a wizard, death knight, though I have studied their works. Humurous comedies actually, those fools know nothing of actual magic."

"But perhaps, you are right. He has chosen his own path. Lead him then in the way of our kind. Let him taste the fruits of the other path."

He looks around at each of you, before finally shrugging "It matters little. The council will decide whether you are allowed in or not. That is, if you wish to accompany me there and make a pettition." He stops then, as Mei-Ying makes her introduction, and his body goes stiff. "I see, my lady. Be warned that few here have much love for the Jade Empire or its throne, myself included." He then turns to Celes, his smile returning "Dear lady, though I do not recognize the name of your order, I can sense the nobleness pouring off you.. such a contrast to this dreary place is most welcome. Will you and your companions be joining me on my return trip, or shall I depart and let you come to your own terms in this place?"

"Let us go then. It would be nice to come back to civilization."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Let us go then. It would be nice to come back to civilization."
The guide chuckles "I said it was a city, but if you want CIVILIZATION you're out of luck. That kind of sanity left this world along with the original inhabitants." He looks up at the sky "It's dangerous to travel at night, though, and we'd only get about an hour or two worth of travel before we'd have to stop. Since you've.. 'found' this highly defensible and convenient fort, we may as well stay here and leave in the morning."

As he finishes speaking, you all realize that it's been a while since you ate.. and the overland trek/chase followed by fighting has only increased your appetites (Well, those of you who eat, that is).

ethandrew

First Post
Eoghan lets his shoulders slump as his stomach audibly groans. He leans back against a tree and looks down to the forest floor. To no one in particular he states, "There will be no sleep for me tonight. No rest for my mind."

Shayuri

First Post
"I've a spell that could help with that," Mei-Ying offers, her tone light, half-joking.

She takes one of the packets of food they took from the raiders and sits down with it against one of the fortress walls. After a few minutes peeling wood and back from the logs of the pallisade, she has a little pile of tinder at her side.

With a word, she creates a jet of flame from her fingertip, igniting the pile immediately and making a snappy little fire that she uses to carefully sear the outside of the food before it gutters out, the fuel expended.

-SIN-

First Post
Valak walks in silence away from the group, climbing atop the wooden pallisade. Pausing for a moment he looks down upon his companions. And feels nothing. Hefting his hammer he begins patrolling. The dead guarding the living throughout his nightly vigil.

Jemal

Adventurer
Eoghan finds himself glancing up at Valak more than he'd like. He feels some strange connection to the Undead.. perhaps the soulbond? No.. it couldn't be THAT easy to figure out... but then what could it be. His thoughts are interupted by a tiny chuckle from behind him.. Their new friend is standing there. "An Interesting individual, is he not? You know, given enough time you may become him... if such is what you wish." He is staring at you and though you can understand him.. strange as you couldnt' before... his lips are not moving. "Yes, I can do this too. It is a common trait amongst certain... circles. Enough about me, though. Come, lets walk, I want to get to know more about YOU."

[sblock=ooc]
Will save DC 25: 23
Congratulations, my CHARMED one, you have a new friend. ;)

(NOTE: Silent Charm Monster. You're not under any sort of domination, you just view him as a trustworthy, good friend.)

Nobody made the checks to notice the spell except Mei-Ying, who notices a build-up of magical energy but not what it is. *Spellcraft failed by 1.*
[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Eoghan's movements hardly betray anything unusual had just occurred. He looks at the man with a hard stare and holds it before nodding his head in acquiescence. With a push he propels himself off the tree he was leaning against and strides forward to the man. Lips still, Eoghan projects his thoughts as if he had years of experience in doing so, and without a hint of anger or bitterness, just a simple matter-of-fact, he thinks, "I am not like him, save for we are both warriors. He serves for evil, I for good. And in no life would I ever wish to become him."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Then there is hope for you.. I've had a strange feeling ever since we met, that there was something about you.. Those guantlets you wear, might I ask where you got them?

Remove ads