• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jeopardy's Ultimate Tournament of Champions

stevelabny

Explorer
To show the influence that comics have on the real world...
Ken Jennings won forever on Jeopardy, but a lot of people didnt believe the hype and wanted to see him match against former conestants.
So here comes the ultimate crossover.
This is the kind of thing sports fans would die for, but would be impossible with physical skills. This tournament will make me watch Jeopardy daily.
I'm most intrigued by the invites to not only former ToC winnrers, but also Teen and College winners.
From http://www.jeopardy.com/

(Culver City, December 29, 2004) In November, JEOPARDY! phenomenon Ken Jennings entered the record books as the biggest money-winner in game show history, prompting the question, “Is he the best player ever?”. Now, producers of the hit television quiz show are preparing to answer that question, announcing that in early 2005, JEOPARDY! will conduct a 15-week-long invitational “Super Tournament” culminating in a $2 Million cash prize for the winner.

Invited to compete in the Tournament will be all previous winners of JEOPARDY!’s annual Tournament of Champions, College Championship, Teen Tournament, and over 100 of the top scoring undefeated five-time champions in the show’s 21 year history. Nearly 150 players will compete in a series of games which will narrow the field to two players, who will compete against Jennings in the finals, to air in May 2005.

JEOPARDY! host Alex Trebek says “Ever since Ken started his amazing run, people have been speculating on how some of the past JEOPARDY! players would do against him. By scheduling this Tournament, we’re answering that question. I’m calling this competition ‘The Quest for Ken’”.

Jennings, a long-time JEOPARDY! fan, states “I’ve been a fan of the show for a very long time, and I well remember some of the big players, especially people like Chuck Forrest and Frank Spangenberg. I would love the opportunity to meet them on the JEOPARDY! field of battle! I can’t wait to see who I’ll be up against in the finals”.

JEOPARDY! Executive Producer Harry Friedman comments, “The 2003 rule change, which allows JEOPARDY! players to keep playing until they’re defeated, raised the question about how other five-time champions might have played under this rule. This Tournament is an opportunity to give those past champions another chance to shine.”

stevelabny

Explorer
Not sure, I watch Jeopardy occasionally, and was watching tonight.
They had a new champion and Alex said that the new champ would have a long time to savor it, because next was a teen (college?) tourney, and that would be followed by the ultimate tournament of champions.
I'm confused because usually any tourney starts on a monday. and tomorrow is wednesday.

Remove ads