• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General JMISBEST's questions. Most of them about campaign ideas that either he or A GM he knows has and wants to know what people think

JMISBEST

Explorer
I (and therefore ChatGPT) thought you were still talking about the thief. I've reconfigured your question, and here is the response:

That's a shame. You could also try Google's Bard AI. You don't even need an account for that one.

Here's Bard AI's answer to the same question:

As you can see, they have different styles in how they provide information. I quite like using Bard AI to help me with my work more than ChatGPT, which can be a little overly enthusiastic and wordy at times.
You didn't answer my other question. Does the fact that its possible that this character isn't his mothers 1st born child but any older siblings he once had are no longer alive make a difference?

pukunui

Legend
You didn't answer my other question. Does the fact that its possible that this character isn't his mothers 1st born child but any older siblings he once had are no longer alive make a difference?
Sorry. ChatGPT must have overlooked that question. That being said, I haven't got the time to continue being the go-between here. I strongly recommend you find a chat-based AI program that your laptop's security features will allow you to access and have a go at it yourself.

JMISBEST

Explorer
I've thought of a reasonable alternate class and race for the bastard child of A King that I'd like you to ask on ChatGPT when you can manage to spare a few minutes. Please

Since Half-Elves are the only none human Race that can be Cavaliers, and unlike Humans they can use Bows, Crossbows, Longbows and Shortbows without reducing the number of Weapon Proficiencies they can have, what would he have been like if he was A Half Elf Cavalier whose parents were from 2 different neighbouring countries with his Elven Father being The King of The Predominately Elven Country and his Human Mother being A Earless from The Predominately Human Country?

pukunui

Legend
I've thought of a reasonable alternate class and race for the bastard child of A King that I'd like you to ask on ChatGPT when you can manage to spare a few minutes. Please

Since Half-Elves are the only none human Race that can be Cavaliers, and unlike Humans they can use Bows, Crossbows, Longbows and Shortbows without reducing the number of Weapon Proficiencies they can have, what would he have been like if he was A Half Elf Cavalier whose parents were from 2 different neighbouring countries with his Elven Father being The King of The Predominately Elven Country and his Human Mother being A Earless from The Predominately Human Country?
Here you go:

ChatGPT said:
Creating a Half-Elf Cavalier character with a unique background like this can add even more depth and complexity to your character's story. Here's how your character might be shaped by this background:

1. Mixed Heritage: Your character's mixed heritage as the child of an Elven king and a Human Earless from neighboring countries can be a source of both strength and challenge. They may inherit certain traits from both races, such as the adaptability of humans and the grace of elves. This could influence their physical appearance, with a blend of human and elven features.
  2. Cultural Background: Growing up with parents from two different cultures can give your character a unique perspective. They might have been exposed to the customs, traditions, and languages of both countries, making them a bridge between the two societies. This background could provide interesting role-playing opportunities as your character navigates diplomatic relations and cultural differences.
  3. Social Status: Being the legitimate heir to the Elven king on one side and an Earless on the other could make your character a significant figure in both countries. They might face high expectations from their elven relatives to uphold their royal lineage and responsibilities. At the same time, they might have political influence in the human country due to their Earless heritage. This can lead to complex political dynamics and intrigue within the campaign.
  4. Combat Style: As a Cavalier, your character's primary focus would be on mounted combat. With the added ability to use bows, crossbows, longbows, and shortbows without penalties, they would be a versatile ranged combatant as well. This can make them a formidable force on the battlefield, capable of striking from a distance or engaging in close combat while mounted.
  5. Alignment: Your character's alignment can vary based on their upbringing and personal experiences. They might have been raised with a sense of duty and honor, which aligns well with the Cavalier class. However, their mixed heritage and exposure to different cultures could make them open-minded and flexible in their moral outlook.
  6. Relationships: Your character's unique background can also influence their relationships with NPCs and other players in the campaign. They may have allies and enemies in both countries due to their royal lineage and Earless background, leading to complex and potentially conflicting loyalties.
Overall, your Half-Elf Cavalier character with this background would be a complex and intriguing figure, with ties to two different cultures and the potential for significant political influence. Their combat skills, combined with their diplomatic and cultural knowledge, would make them a valuable asset to any adventuring party and a central figure in the campaign's storyline.

This is the last one for today, though. Please do try it yourself!

JMISBEST

Explorer
Here you go:

This is the last one for today, though. Please do try it yourself!
Am I okay to ask you on Sunday about A Dnd Character I made 8 years ago that's even weirder? as well as 2 others I made a few months back?, I mean you said last today, not last fullstop

JMISBEST

Explorer
Uh. That's very specific. It depends on what I'm doing. I would, again, recommend that you do it yourself.
I did try Google's Bard AI but I couldn't find the bit were you can create the things about A Dnd Character that you created for me. Can you give me a link to the part of The Google's Bard AI Site that I need?

PS if it helps the 2 other characters I mentioned in The Edit are Dnd Versions of my 2 favourite characters from my Code Lyoko Dreams that aren't in The Code Lyoko TV Show, their names are pronounced Erin and Erina but their names are spelt Erinn and Erinna and their Jeremy and Aleita's Belpois time travelling twins, maybe when you've got time use Google's Bard AI on them

PPS if you use Google's Bard AI on them don't forget that Erin/The Fighter, looks how Aleita/his mother, would look if she were male, meaning that just like his mother Erin was born with hair that's naturally pink, maybe even try to incorporate A Dnd Version of Xanna that's hunting them because of who his and his sisters parents were

JMISBEST

Explorer
I just copy/pasted what you wrote, then copy/pasted what it gave back. Simple as that!
But I can't find the part of the site where I can copy and past the information to create a detailed background and similar stuff. Can you link me to the part of the site where I can copy and past the information to create a detailed background and similar stuff?

PS do they do other RPG's such as Pendragon, Adventurer Conqueror King, The 2nd edition of The Mongoose Edition of Traveller and really old 1's like Star Frontiers?

pukunui

Legend
But I can't find the part of the site where I can copy and past the information to create a detailed background and similar stuff. Can you link me to the part of the site where I can copy and past the information to create a detailed background and similar stuff?
Do you have a Google account? If yes, you just need to be logged in when you go to the Bard AI site. You should then get a screen that looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-10-06 131217.png

Just input your text where it says "Enter a prompt here".

Remove ads