• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jodo Kast Does The Adventure Path

Jodo Kast

First Post
Piratecat and Horacio, glad to have you aboard. I've enjoyed both of your story hours so it is an honor to have you check in on my own humble efforts here.

Madriel, the character of Tothla is played by the same person who brought us Detten Harcrov in Tales from the Outer Rim. The player for Jirair Gann from Tales from the Outer Rim is also involved in this campaign, but his character, Krunk, has not been introduced yet. His real life brother plays the character Rune, who also has yet to be introduced. My wife plays the Brynja character. Cthuluftaghn, author of DM Cthulu's RttToEE Campaign, plays the character of Renaelus. That rounds out our party of five.

Glad you are enjoying the story hour, Malessa! I'll try to keep the updates coming regularly. We finished another session this weekend so I have plenty of material.

Last edited:

cthuluftaghn

First Post
Hmmm... rather ignoble way to join the adventure. Then again, all true heroes have humble beginnings. Renaelus shall prove his worth soon enough!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hey Jodo, don't forget... the World of Kulan is waiting for ya!

Cheers!

p.s. BTW, I've never played through the Adventure Path. How much of your story hour contains spoilers? I don't want to ruin any future gaming I do with a friend of mine.

Jodo Kast

First Post
Knightfall, this story hour will contain massive spoilers for the adventure path modules. It is pretty much unavoidable. The introductions so far cannot really be called spoilers, but they will begin soon. So I understand completely if you choose to wait on the sidelines for now. Meanwhile, I'll try to check out Kulan tonight.

Rhialto

First Post
Jodo Kast said:
We've mixed up the gods a bit for this campaign, Rhialto. We're using a fairly generic game world based on the locales in the WotC Adventure Path modules, rather than Greyhawk proper. I've used many of the Greyhawk deities presented in the Player's Handbook, but Nerull has given way to Sheol, a LN death god. Sheol was created by the PC who plays Tothla, with some input from me. Sheol's priests use a modified death domain, and have the granted power to detect undead at will. Readers will learn more about Sheol here as the story unfolds.

Sounds great. I'm all for neutral Death gods...

And I'd love to know exactly what gods you are using...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Jodo Kast said:
Knightfall, this story hour will contain massive spoilers for the adventure path modules. It is pretty much unavoidable. The introductions so far cannot really be called spoilers, but they will begin soon. So I understand completely if you choose to wait on the sidelines for now.

Dern it, I was afraid of that... :(

Oh well, spilt milk and all that.

Jodo Kast said:
Meanwhile, I'll try to check out Kulan tonight.

I just updated, BTW.

Cheers! :)

(contact)

Explorer
Brynja drew a deep breath, struggling not to trade harsh words. "Of course I will go after Talgen and Sharwyn, and I shall bring them back alive.

D'oh!

These modules are really bare bones as far as setting and backstory goes (as they should be, IMO), and it sounds like you have good roleplayers in your group.

This should be fun. I started reading this thread because I thought your name was "Judo". :p Good stuff.

Are you updating as you go? When did you begin this campaign?

Also-- are your players reading this thread? Since so many of us have read/played in these modules we might need to be careful about spoilers . . .

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Jodo, your Story Hour so far is just plain awesome. I have had little time to read the Story Hours that I would like to lately (much less update my own). But the quality of your writing and the attention to detail you add is like a DM's clinic.

You might just have inspired me to get on the stick and post a long overdue update to my SH. Of course, my innate laziness combined with the fatigue of having a 1-year old child may conspire to make me a liar. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time.

In any event, keep up the good work and know that I'll be reading.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads