John Macs Work Thread ( art work archive )09th July update

defcombeta

First Post
Merry Christmas everyone ,

this is based on the star wars Character Bastila from the KOTOR timeline ( for me it is starwars but thats another story)

anyway i hope you enjoy

christmas1%20copy.jpg

stay safe and enjoy the holiday

nyrfherdr

First Post
Thanks for the well wishes and for posting such cool art.
I think you make great action scenes. Evocative, imaginative. I really dig your stuff.

Keep it up.
Nyrfherdr

defcombeta

First Post
Thanks nyrfherdr

hope everyone had a good New Years

well i decided to a Star war piece as a quick image and ened up spending a bit more time on it

handmaiden4.jpg

below is a wip stage by stage for the piece , hope it helps people understand the process
i still do a rough at the start but its use is a guide not something to dictate the process.
I'll leave it as a link since it would throw out the page format

http://homepage.eircom.net/~defcombeta13/wip stages.jpg

take care and look forward to the year ahead.

j mac

defcombeta

First Post
thanks for the kind words Frukathka, I did some changes on the handmaiden piece after some recommendations, worked more on the tonal values and got the piece looking stronger, it still needs more rendering but its a case of time and managment of same,

handmaidenrework.jpg

also something i started as a study

forgetten%20alter.jpg

j mac

Lalato

Adventurer
defcombeta said:
this is a Wip for a piece i have started on , the only thing with real work on it is the character but that will change in time

forest%20paladin.jpg

J MAC

That's great! I like the pose.

--sam

defcombeta

First Post
thanks Lalato

its still coming along that piece at the moment,

still i have this to share right now, its a Wip and still needs work but it got the content where it matters right now

last%20sentinal.jpg

j mac

defcombeta

First Post
this is a piece i did up tonight after thinking about some events in the past few weeks, i love the feeling i get from it since it gets some if the ideas i had in my head at the time

RAINY%20FIGHT.jpg

j mac

Remove ads