• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

John Macs Work Thread ( art work archive )09th July update

defcombeta

First Post
Merry Christmas everyone ,

this is based on the star wars Character Bastila from the KOTOR timeline ( for me it is starwars but thats another story)

anyway i hope you enjoy

christmas1%20copy.jpg

stay safe and enjoy the holiday

nyrfherdr

First Post
Thanks for the well wishes and for posting such cool art.
I think you make great action scenes. Evocative, imaginative. I really dig your stuff.

Keep it up.
Nyrfherdr

defcombeta

First Post
Thanks nyrfherdr

hope everyone had a good New Years

well i decided to a Star war piece as a quick image and ened up spending a bit more time on it

handmaiden4.jpg

below is a wip stage by stage for the piece , hope it helps people understand the process
i still do a rough at the start but its use is a guide not something to dictate the process.
I'll leave it as a link since it would throw out the page format

http://homepage.eircom.net/~defcombeta13/wip stages.jpg

take care and look forward to the year ahead.

j mac

defcombeta

First Post
thanks for the kind words Frukathka, I did some changes on the handmaiden piece after some recommendations, worked more on the tonal values and got the piece looking stronger, it still needs more rendering but its a case of time and managment of same,

handmaidenrework.jpg

also something i started as a study

forgetten%20alter.jpg

j mac

Lalato

Adventurer
defcombeta said:
this is a Wip for a piece i have started on , the only thing with real work on it is the character but that will change in time

forest%20paladin.jpg

J MAC

That's great! I like the pose.

--sam

defcombeta

First Post
thanks Lalato

its still coming along that piece at the moment,

still i have this to share right now, its a Wip and still needs work but it got the content where it matters right now

last%20sentinal.jpg

j mac

defcombeta

First Post
this is a piece i did up tonight after thinking about some events in the past few weeks, i love the feeling i get from it since it gets some if the ideas i had in my head at the time

RAINY%20FIGHT.jpg

j mac

Remove ads