John. Wick. Four.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
John Wick?

JOHN WICK!

...."Maybe I won't."

John Wick does not own a stove. John Wick does not own an oven. John Wick does not own a microwave.
John Wick does not need any sources of heat, because revenge is a dish best served cold.

See also ...

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
John Wick always makes good time, neither tarrying nor running. His face is expressionless. He is dressed as a cleric of some sort, and sometimes dressed as a traveling drummer. He could be a peasant or serf going from one location to another for the harvest season. John Wick carries some sort of weapon. It is plain that he is not a soldier by his haphazard way of walking. He does not seem to be joking loudly or singing as he advances...

Jahydin

Hero
Whoever put together this trailer did a great job.

Clicked "play" thinking a 4th movie was a stupid idea; finished thinking I can't wait to set it. :unsure:

Snarf Zagyg

Whoever put together this trailer did a great job.

Clicked "play" thinking a 4th movie was a stupid idea; finished thinking I can't wait to set it. :unsure:

There is no appropriate reaction for this comment. It's as if someone said, "Sure, I know I shouldn't have clicked on that Nickelback video, but .... 🎵 never made it as a poor man .... 🎵 I have no idea it would get stuck in my head ... WHO KNEW?"

On the one hand, you are correct. This is an amazing trailer.

On the other hand, who could possibly think that a fourth John Wick movie was a stupid idea?

John Wick movies are what happens when the universe stops being a caring and unfeeling void and decides to finally alleviate our suffering, if only for a few hours.

John Wick movies are the reward we get for going through the pain of knowing that there will never be a Crank 3.

John Wick movies are what happens when action choreographers are sitting around, really drunk, saying, "Okay, but what if more?"

I watch John Wick movies for the dialogue.
-Aaron Sorkin

I'm avoiding the trailer, as I do not want ANY spoilers.
I just love the simple mindedness of this franchise with its strange World of Darkness feel and coolness of its characters - particularly Keanu, Ian McShane and Lance Reddick.

Snarf Zagyg

The John Wick movies are beautifully shot B action movies, with A grade stunt crews, directed by a stuntman. As a fan of the older John Woo/Chow Yun-Fat movies, I was onboard from day-1.

I believe that the John Wick franchise is most similar to the movie, Drive My Car, in that they are both acknowledge that the ability to know what another person thinks is impossible. You can think that you understand them, you can think that you love them, but to believe that you truly know them will only cause you pain. All you can do in life is to know what is in yourself. If you find peace within yourself, you might begin the process of seeing other people. And only once that process has begun, can you punch them. Or shoot them. Or kill them with a pencil.

Remove ads