• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Rise of the Runelords...Updated 12/22

I always read online, but always look forward to Sundays for JD's awesome updates, too. :) Not forgetting the Sunday Night Teasers!

That confusion breath was deadlier than I had expected. What did Darton do to end it or did the effect just expire?

JollyDoc

Explorer
I always read online, but always look forward to Sundays for JD's awesome updates, too. :) Not forgetting the Sunday Night Teasers!

That confusion breath was deadlier than I had expected. What did Darton do to end it or did the effect just expire?

Draton didn't end it, it had a four round duration, and Black Magga was also only scheduled to hang around for three rounds, fortunately for our heroes. Draton was just lucky enough to have rolled "act normally" two rounds in a row on the Confusion table. Perhaps Sarenrae really was watching over him:angel:
Black Magga was not meant to be defeated...this time...

JollyDoc

Explorer
SUNDAY NIGHT TEASER

1) The heroes come face-to-face with the remnants of the Skulltakers, and find them not such push-overs as the ogres...but still nothing our guys can't handle.

2) In the bowels of the dam, the company finds the leader of the trolls...Papa Grazuul!

3) Further exploration of Skull's Crossing reveals a...diabolical mechanism for opening the flood gates.

4) Draton and Reaper have words over a moral and ethical dilemma.

5) Unexpected visitors arrive at the dam, and our heroes find themselves with yet another crisis on their to-do list, as well as a new member of their band.

6) Cruemann has a crisis of faith as Reaper makes a deal with the devil...literally!!

LordVyreth

First Post
So what are the new guys, class-wise? You seem to have formed a really cleric-heavy party.

Also, have any of your guys considered getting raised? You're nearing that point where you can afford to, and Pathfinder's much nicer about the consequences compared to 3.5.

SolitonMan

Explorer
Not that he minded such work, but sometimes Cruemann wished for something a little more exciting…

Cruemann’s face blanched as he saw the bodies hanging impaled from the trees in the woods surrounding Fort Rannick.

I laughed out loud when I read that. :) Well written JD!!

JollyDoc

Explorer
So what are the new guys, class-wise? You seem to have formed a really cleric-heavy party.

Also, have any of your guys considered getting raised? You're nearing that point where you can afford to, and Pathfinder's much nicer about the consequences compared to 3.5.

Draton and Duerten are both clerics, with the alternate Holy Warrior option offered from Pathfinder Campaign setting, ie...Fighter BAB and d10 HD, but they sacrifice Domain powers.

Cruemann is straight fighter, but his weapon of choice is the greatbow, with which he is deadly.

Our newest addition this week will be a sorcerer.

As for Raising...yes, the question has been bantered about. The problem at this point is that no one is high enough to cast it, and the nearest place where such a caster would be availabe would be Magnimar...three weeks travel away. Still, don't be surprised that if some of the newbies have short-lived careers, some old faces may just resurface...

WarEagleMage

First Post
Well, since Cruemann (# 6) and Max were run by the same player (who also ran Randall - and Daelric in Savage Tide), and all were pretty much comic relief, you should be happy. Cruemann is deadly with that bow of his, so with him staying out of melee range he might actually survive a while. ;)

Incidentally, is it possible for a party to have too many clerics? Especially with the warrior priest option in Pathfinder, you could almost make a party entirely of clerics with different concentrations (melee, ranged, buffer, blaster, healer) and you would kick major ass. Hmmm, that's an idea we'll have to keep in mind. :hmm:

Supar

First Post
Guess that means im temporarily pulling for the ogres....Just until whoever played max and skud.....well you know..

DUDE!!! U have no idea how bitter it was reading ur post about liking Max my chars tend to not have fans. It only added to the taste of defeat from that faithfull evening.

Crueman AKA Redshirt I hope to be around for a while I have enjoyed using the combination of deadly aim, manyshot and rapidshot, Combine all the feats to hit and dmg that fighters have..... this week i think i was (dont have my stuff wit me) 11/11/6 2d8+13 and the first shot has 2 arrows

Hopefully my wonderfull tanks will keep me out of trouble

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads