• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

carborundum

Adventurer
Fantastic update and another nailbiting teaser!

And thanks for another peek at Mandi - it's really interesting to see the feat and skill choices. And the awesomeness :)

JollyDoc

Explorer
carborundum said:
Fantastic update and another nailbiting teaser!

And thanks for another peek at Mandi - it's really interesting to see the feat and skill choices. And the awesomeness :)

If you think she looks devastating on paper, wait till you read about her almost single-handed save of the party during the Innersol battle!

Joachim

First Post
JollyDoc said:
If you think she looks devastating on paper, wait till you read about her almost single-handed save of the party during the Innersol battle!

D&D Rule Number 457: When the DM indicates that he is impressed by your character, bring your backup character sheet to the next gaming session.

Seriously, though, Mandi realized that with the trouble that she brought upon the party in the encounter immediately previous, she needed to do something that reminded them why they let her tag along in the first place.

Supar

First Post
daelric is still trying to figure out if its the fear of eating flys for his life or the fact she is nice to have around in a tight situation

Hammerhead

Explorer
JollyDoc said:
Yet all is not as it seems with the priest. In a throwdown for the ages, one Legionnaire dies and one is left a drooling idiot! An update not to be missed!

Maybe one more is left a drooling idiot? There is Tower Cleaver to consider, after all. :)

So what class is next for Mandi? Given her apparent status as Master of the Save or Die (Polymorph/Lethal Transmutation/Paralyze/whatever), Fatespinner would be a fun choice, albeit a little "iffy" flavor wise.

Joachim

First Post
Hammerhead said:
So what class is next for Mandi? Given her apparent status as Master of the Save or Die (Polymorph/Lethal Transmutation/Paralyze/whatever), Fatespinner would be a fun choice, albeit a little "iffy" flavor wise.

From an optimization standpoint, fatespinner might be a good choice, but like you I just don't buy it from a flavor standpoint. 14th level will most likely be another level in wizard, and then at that point or shortly thereafter I will start taking levels in archmage (15th level feat will have to be some sort of Spell Focus...most likely Enchantment).

Joachim said:
From an optimization standpoint, fatespinner might be a good choice, but like you I just don't buy it from a flavor standpoint. 14th level will most likely be another level in wizard, and then at that point or shortly thereafter I will start taking levels in archmage (15th level feat will have to be some sort of Spell Focus...most likely Enchantment).

Oh, Fatespinner makes sense. She's one of the most Machiavellian spellcasters I've read about in quite some time. It's only logical that she try to control the fates of everyone around her, bending them into the grand design she has planned out. "What? It made the save? Not anymore."

-TRRW

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
So, what are these +6 augmentations on Mandi's magic items? Some kind of new magic item? If they're a tacked-on augmentation from Craft Wondrous, what are the mechanics for their cost/creation?

javcs

First Post
Zaruthustran said:
So, what are these +6 augmentations on Mandi's magic items? Some kind of new magic item? If they're a tacked-on augmentation from Craft Wondrous, what are the mechanics for their cost/creation?
I think the mechanics are in the MIC.

Remove ads