JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

carborundum

Adventurer
Just had to go look up Warhulk - jumpin' jehosophat!

Mighty Strike is awesome indeed - TC can attack three adjacent enemies simultaneously and even use multiple attacks too - wowee!

Totally awesome character - thanks for posting him :)

JollyDoc

Explorer
carborundum said:
Just had to go look up Warhulk - jumpin' jehosophat!

Mighty Strike is awesome indeed - TC can attack three adjacent enemies simultaneously and even use multiple attacks too - wowee!

Totally awesome character - thanks for posting him :)

And he does this with annoying regularity....

SUNDAY NIGHT TEASER

The battle royal with the Kraken Society begins, and it's no holds barred when the Legion roars in and finds the whole friggin' place on full alert! Our heroes handle the front-line grunts with relative ease except for two notable instances.

Our favorite Maztican whipping boy gets gruesomely maimed as he is targeted repeatedly by bad guys, and one member of the company disappears...forever!!!!

Aholibamah

First Post
I loved "Nice tune, but can you dance to it?" I love Mandi. I haven't been reading this for a while. I'm very interested to see your depiction of the later version of Porphyry House.

And btw...your party is still damned tough, but so much for discretion. Mind you I shouldn't talk either.

Abciximab

Explorer
Ah, Lugnut and Bombur, they've come a long way from being stoned near the legendary ruins of Tamoachan. Perhaps they were better off there ;) .

primemover003

First Post
JD, even though I've only gotten through three pages of this Storyhour I have to say it's on the far side of awesome! I'm currently gearing up to run STAP from Tides of Dread onward... but with a twist. My campaign is fully Planar and my PC's are my groups long lost 2nd ed planescape fiendslayers which I though made a great fit.

I saw Tower Cleaver's stats up there and don't feel so worried about my party's resident Minotaur "Horny" (aka Mephisto Blutkrieger), though I was wondering if you had to make any serious tweaks to the adventures as written (moreso than any DM needs to tailor a pre-made adventure). TC's Str of 41 put's Horny's 27 to shame, but my bull's got an AC of 34 at 10th level! Definitely tough for even Vanthus to hit and well out of the pirates ability to hit. In fact most of my players will likely have AC's in the mid 20's.

Can't wait for more!

JollyDoc

Explorer
primemover003 said:
JD, even though I've only gotten through three pages of this Storyhour I have to say it's on the far side of awesome! I'm currently gearing up to run STAP from Tides of Dread onward... but with a twist. My campaign is fully Planar and my PC's are my groups long lost 2nd ed planescape fiendslayers which I though made a great fit.

I saw Tower Cleaver's stats up there and don't feel so worried about my party's resident Minotaur "Horny" (aka Mephisto Blutkrieger), though I was wondering if you had to make any serious tweaks to the adventures as written (moreso than any DM needs to tailor a pre-made adventure). TC's Str of 41 put's Horny's 27 to shame, but my bull's got an AC of 34 at 10th level! Definitely tough for even Vanthus to hit and well out of the pirates ability to hit. In fact most of my players will likely have AC's in the mid 20's.

Can't wait for more!

Thanks for reading and posting Prime! I appreciate your comments and I'm glad that we might be able to give you few ideas. The fully planar STAP actually sounds pretty cool.

I vowed after Age of Worms to never alter an AP again to make it tougher, as last time I did that, Kyuss wiped the floor with the PC's. So, I've left everything as/is in STAP, and so far, I think it's challenged the group pretty well, considering only one of the original PC's that started the AP is still around. The group is tough, but they need to be. I don't pull too many punches with the NPC's, but I haven't increased EL's or swapped abilities/spells or anything else. Ultimately, my goal is for my players to win, but to have a helluva time doing it and really feel like they earned it in the end.

primemover003

First Post
From what I've read here and over at Paizo you and I seem to run a similar style of game, especially in the magic item department. So far about half my guys have their characters 90% done, but as usual I'm still wrangling someone to play a Divine Caster... the most powerful classes in 3.5 and no one likes playing them. Go figure.

wolff96

First Post
primemover003 said:
So far about half my guys have their characters 90% done, but as usual I'm still wrangling someone to play a Divine Caster... the most powerful classes in 3.5 and no one likes playing them. Go figure.

We've got the opposite problem. I'm in a group where EVERYONE wanted to be the cleric.

So we diversified and made a whole party of clerics (though to be fair, the cleric of Olidhammara is multi-classed with rogue). It works amazingly well, though undead encounters are pretty much crossed off the list for our long-suffering DM. One fighter cleric (St. Cuthbert), one archer cleric (me, Corellon Larethan), one cleric-cleric (Pelor, with a bunch of healing feats from PHBII and Comp. Divine), the multi-classed rogue/cleric, and an "arcane" cleric (Boccob).

My favorite thing is the Pelorian clerics feat that lets him burn a turning use to make all healing maximized until the end of his next turn. With five healers in the party, that's an AMAZING amount of healing power. :)

Remove ads