• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City-NPC's Only

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
In a group I play in, we fairly recently got rid of a player that was not liked, and it's amazing how much the game picked up as a result. So my advice is - just get on and do it!

JollyDoc

Explorer
Tallarn said:
In a group I play in, we fairly recently got rid of a player that was not liked, and it's amazing how much the game picked up as a result. So my advice is - just get on and do it!

Yes, we have noticed the same, and we have had to take this step in the past with other troublesome players. No need to let the game and the group suffer because of one dissatisfied player.

LordVyreth

First Post
Well, the fact that Rusty gains a cohort pretty much answered my question from the other board. Have you played since the last update here? Did you reach Lord Vhalantru yet?

Oh, and how long do you play per session, and how much do you accomplish? I play bi-weekly, and sometimes we have a hard time getting through two fights in a session, though I blame a lot of that on procrastination and difficulties associated with figuring out what we'll eat.

JollyDoc

Explorer
LordVyreth said:
Well, the fact that Rusty gains a cohort pretty much answered my question from the other board. Have you played since the last update here? Did you reach Lord Vhalantru yet?

Oh, and how long do you play per session, and how much do you accomplish? I play bi-weekly, and sometimes we have a hard time getting through two fights in a session, though I blame a lot of that on procrastination and difficulties associated with figuring out what we'll eat.

We didn't play last week due to Father's Day. At our last game, the group had reached Vhalantru's manor, and dealt with his guards and the nagas, but they have not found the entrance to Oblivion yet. That will come this Sunday.

We usually play weekly, on Sundays. Our official start time is 4pm, but most people end up dragging in by 5. Our usual stop time is between 10 and 11. How much we accomplish is variable. I'm lucky in that we play at my house, and my wife very graciously volunteers to cook for us on Sundays. However, there is a lot of extraneous talk that goes on, and during certain sports seasons, Chris, Rich and Gfunk want the TV on, albeit with the sound turned down, so that can distract at times. Overall, we can usually make it through several small encounters, or 1-2 big ones.

gfunk

First Post
Just to give you all a general update, I will be helping JollyDoc play Vhalantru and his baddies for the finale of Oblivion today. We are currently tossing around the idea of slapping on revenant, Tlak'ith or Kr'y'izoth templates on some of Vhalantru's minions via Entropy's claw of the revenancer or crown of corruption.

The big bad Alienist herself may make an appearance. Of course, the idea is to just scare the party a little, not totally kill them. ;0

LordVyreth

First Post
Okay, I can use some advice. My group is just about to disintegrate now that three of the oldest members will soon be moving to another state, and taking another potential two due to car ride and location links as well. So, in order to keep our 2+ year campaign alive, we all want to try to move it to online. However, I've never played a game like that before, let alone run it. I'm pretty sure that a few posters here are experienced in this area, so I'd like some of their advice on the subject. My advice-seeking thread is located here. I appreciate any help you can give me!

JDragon

Explorer
Had a quick question...

What was the name of the spell that Rusty has been using to raise people if he gets to them with in a round/short time? Also what book is it from?

I have just started this and had no problems so far, but I'm sure I'l be back soon looking for ideas and suggestions on stuff.

Thanks

gfunk

First Post
The spell is Revifiy from the Minatures Handbook. It is a 5th level cleric spell, must be cast within 1 round of the character's death, and has a 5,000 gp material component. It works just like Raise Dead (range: touch) except that revified spellcasters are not at risk of losing memorized spells or unused slots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter Knight
Perfect! Very nice combat description. Tell us, JollyDoc, which of your players saw Lord Orbious Vhalantru for what he really was (or at least had some suspicions before the fight) ?

------------------------------------------

Ask me this question again in the NPC's Only thread NWK, as I don't want to spoil anything for the constant readers.
OK, JollyDoc, now gimme the dirt. :)

What did your PCs guess or their players know and how did you handle it?

Remove ads