• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

jpg links in sigs?

I'm trying to put a .jpg image in my sig and use it as a link to my site. I used the insert image button with URL of the image on my server, and highlighed the image and clicked the insert link button to point it to my site. But something's not working right. Is this just not allowed on ENWorld?

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Is this just not allowed on ENWorld?

Nope this feature was turned off a few months ago, and for good reason, no one wants to actually click a picture in a signature and get thrown across the internet, or have pop ups because someone included them in there signature... :\

The only thing that's left is the normal forum code, with that you can make a link and also place a picture but not at the same time I believe. :)

Edit: Obviously you CAN do it with the normal forum code... weird.

Last edited:

Well it seems to be on now. If this is an etiquette thing I can change it, but frankly I always look at the status bar on my browser to see if something's a link when I mouse over it. So no one should be shocked when they click on it. And there's no popups either.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Well it seems to be on now. If this is an etiquette thing I can change it.
I think at your size of a picture it should be fine. :)

Tarrasque Wrangler said:
but frankly I always look at the status bar on my browser to see if something's a link when I mouse over it.
Links work long before images load… but see the above. :)

Tarrasque Wrangler said:
And there's no popups either.

You can't make a popup with just the forum code, at least as far as I know maybe MM could do it, I simply misunderstood. I thought you where trying to use HTML to make the link and picture work, and that's what was turned off a few months ago. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads