• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths OOC - Full

silentspace

First Post
I think the answer is an equal share of any loot we find?

Not that we divided loot equally before, but I know some groups do... sell everything and divide it down the middle or use some other arcane accounting methods.

Which reminds me, did we divide up all the loot from post 188?

Wilphe

Adventurer
I wasn't intending that question to bring the game to a grinding halt.

Just for her to be given a plausible IC reason to take the job.

Erekose13

Explorer
Sorry I couldnt remember how we had handled this the first time my character took over as the party's employer. Treasure and introductions is about all I got :)

silentspace

First Post
Right. Undinar is the main character in this story. The larger plot is helping him prove himself to his father, an elemental king of some sort. The rest of us have been helping him for adventure's sake. I don't remember talking about payment before. We've split treasure in the past, but not evenly, we more or less give items to whoever would benefit most from it. Invelion has actually never taken anything. Actually, he's lost money, spending it on identify spells for the party. But since he's a crafter he started out with pretty good equipment. Plus, he was lucky enough to get a Rod of Thunder and Lightning (thanks Isida!).

Actually, looking on my character sheet, I find that I do have some available cash. I'm sure I was saving it to craft something, but since everyone seems to be cheapskates ;) , I'll just buy and scribe the scroll of water breathing myself, and provide spells to whoever needs it. Let me know IC if you need to breathe water and I'll prepare a spell for you.

Subtracting 675 gp from my character sheet and adding water breathing to my spellbook, assuming Invelion can teleport out to buy it somewhere. Please thank Invelion, your past and future party bankroller! Next time the party needs to identify something though, I'll have to sell something!

The thing is, we don't really have any money to offer, other than a share of treasure found. I don't mind splitting things equally, if someone's willing to act as party accountant :)

Edit: Actually, since it will be a welcome change to actually gain something from adventuring, I'll happily act as party accountant. :p

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
silentspace said:
Loot from "The Beast" in the Hole

* A dark leather cloak.

* The massive silver ring has a ram's head carved on it.

* The crumpled bit of cloth is a robe with many patches on it, patches that resemble normal objects like a bucket, a ladder, and a coil of rope.*

* A small white-tipped spear, the spearhead made from a shiny white substance, a rare metal called icesteel. It was traded over vast distances and was a prized possession of Yrippri for that reason.

* A gourd with a stopper in it, a potion, one that would allow a person to become invisible. Terlip must have died before she could have used it.

* The scroll case made from bamboo and capped with river rocks. It contains a collection of ten darts in it, fletched with hummingbird feathers for speed, and tipped with a serpant's tooth to always strike true. These belonged to Zarash, one of the tribe's best marksmen.*

The Gripplis say: "We wish you to have these, so that the spirits of our dead will live on, through you," one of them says in careful, rehersed Common. They want the party to use the items so that it will be as if the dead were guiding them in their use.

Loot from Killhaven

* Some teeth and claws

"Invellion, you know that the teeth of some very powerful predatory beast teeth can be used to enhance spells of distruction."

Loot from Killhaven's Lair

* A magical darkwood staff, shod with gold, wrapped in red leather, decorated with phoenix feathers, having many red gemstones decorating the top.

* An anklet made of some kind of glittering sinew, strung with perfectly round polished beads of garnets, topazes, and citrines.

* A magical ring made of platinum, engraved with a miniature underwater scene.

* A magical potion of some kind encased in a small blue seed pod about the size of a thumb. It bubbles, has a pearly sheen, and smells like lemons.

* A magical, palm-sized piece of coral, carved into a small, diamond-shaped cage. A glimmering, opaque light shines within.

* A massive gold bracelet set with a emerald shark's tooth.

Right I don't think we did divy this up, nor have we identified what is magical. I guess if we need money we will need to sell some of this. maybe then Undinar will have enough to pay for the ship...

Do we need to assume that any of the previous party members took anything with them when they departed or can we just say it all stayed in party treasure?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Naw, they forfit the contract, they forfit their treasure. Punks. ;)

Anyways, between y'all and some people in the city, you can determine the following:

* A dark leather cloak. - Cloak of the manta ray

* The massive silver ring has a ram's head carved on it. - Ring of the ram

* The crumpled bit of cloth is a robe with many patches on it, patches that resemble normal objects like a bucket, a ladder, and a coil of rope.* - Robe of useful items

* A small white-tipped spear, the spearhead made from a shiny white substance, a rare metal called icesteel. It was traded over vast distances and was a prized possession of Yrippri for that reason. - +1 icesteel spear, Small size

* A gourd with a stopper in it, a potion, one that would allow a person to become invisible. Terlip must have died before she could have used it. - Potion of invisibility

* The scroll case made from bamboo and capped with river rocks. It contains a collection of ten darts in it, fletched with hummingbird feathers for speed, and tipped with a serpant's tooth to always strike true. These belonged to Zarash, one of the tribe's best marksmen.* - Ten +1 seeking darts

* Some teeth and claws. "Invellion, you know that the teeth of some very powerful predatory beast teeth can be used to enhance spells of distruction." - By spending an extra round casting a spell that causes damage, the damage can be increased by up to 15 points. Once cast, the tooth or claw vanishes into dust.

Loot from Killhaven's Lair

* A magical darkwood staff, shod with gold, wrapped in red leather, decorated with phoenix feathers, having many red gemstones decorating the top. - Staff of fire

* An anklet made of some kind of glittering sinew, strung with perfectly round polished beads of garnets, topazes, and citrines. - Pretty anklet, worth about 200gp

* A magical ring made of platinum, engraved with a miniature underwater scene. - Ring of underwater breathing

* A magical potion of some kind encased in a small blue seed pod about the size of a thumb. It bubbles, has a pearly sheen, and smells like lemons. - Potion of cure critical wounds

* A magical, palm-sized piece of coral, carved into a small, diamond-shaped cage. A glimmering, opaque light shines within. - Lich's phylactery

* A massive gold bracelet set with a emerald shark's tooth. - Worth about 5,000gp

silentspace

First Post
Thanks Isida, it's all coming back to me now!

Here's what I suggest...

items for Invelion:
some teeth and claws - spell components
staff of fire - arcane item
ring of the ram - backup melee weapon
ring of water breathing - not a water breather

items for Undinar:
potion of invisibility
potion of cure critical wounds

items to hold onto...
cloak of the manta ray - could be useful
lich's phylactery - don't know if this is sellable

items to sell...
+1 icesteel spear, small size
ten +1 seeking darts
robe of useful items
pretty anklet - 200 gp
bracelet - 5000 gp

Invelion needs a handy haversack for his spellbooks, since he's no longer relying on polymorphing into dragon form to get by underwater (3.5 spell duration is much shorter). Isida said spellbooks will get wet unless they are waterproof or in something like a handy haversack. She also warned about material components but luckily Invelion picked up Eschew Materials.

Can we assume that Invelion took these items with him to sell in the larger markets in Evermeet or elsewhere in Faerun, and can buy things for himself and Undinar?

Remove ads