Just got Castles & Crusades--LOVE IT (hugs his copy)

ragboy

Explorer
Anyway, not a lot to say right now. Have to do some serious reading. Stay tuned.

I have also just started playing/running C&C. I tried to drum up interest at a local Con a few years ago, but no one bit. Now, I've made the leap from 1st edition/Basic to C&C and I like it a lot. I'm playing in an online game on Fantasy Grounds and have a couple of small games going at home and with friends. It may be my default fantasy system at this point. Haven't driven it further than about 3rd level though, so time will tell.

I started a "conversion" of the old video game "Darklands" to C&C below -- the only real crunch I've finished is the Alchemist class. I also started a conversion of Rappan Athuk (Ground and 1st level) though that's stalled for a bit.

mysticbull / cnc

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
A full-on Rappan Athuk conversion would be great for C&C. I think the Frog God guys are already planning one for LL, which should take players most of the way, though.

kitcik

Adventurer
I played in a Steve Chenault run game of C&C at LGGC IV (the last one:.-().

He busted out a troll and kicked my sorry ass to the curb, but I certainly gained a love for the game :lol:.

Chainsaw Mage

First Post
Whew. Took me longer than it should have to read the Player's Handbook (real life being busy and all), but I noticed a very strange omission: magic items / magic weapons.

As in, like, where are they? There is a brief, throw-away reference to "magic rings" in the barbarian class section, but no game info. Considering that magic items and weapons have been a staple of D&D since forever, it's striking that the book doesn't even mention them.

Aside from general magic items and weapons, there are the big four: scrolls, staves, rods, and wands. Of these, only scrolls have any game treatment.

So where's the info on magic rings? Potions? +2 Swords of Flaming Death? +4 Plate Mail? etc.

Remove ads