• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just got the WotC 2008 Summer Catalog

shilsen

Adventurer
DaveMage said:
$34.95 for a 224-page DMG?

A bit...pricey that.
Maybe it's just me, but when I compare that price with that of tickets at a movie theater or a meal at a decent restaurant, it sounds amazing. My 3e & 3.5e DMGs have facilitated years of entertainment. And if I pick up the 4e DMG, which I likely will, it will probably do so too. That's pretty damn good for $34.95.

Joël of the FoS

First Post

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Baumi said:
The biggest price Offender for me are the Adventures. 25-30$ for a 96 page book that will likely be used only once?

Not books - folders, it seems, with DM book, player book and several maps. Handouts, too? Shades of Dark Sun adventures. :)

Imaro

Legend
Keefe the Thief said:
Not books - folders, it seems, with DM book, player book and several maps. Handouts, too? Shades of Dark Sun adventures. :)

Actually, shades of Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde... ;)

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
shilsen said:
Maybe it's just me, but when I compare that price with that of tickets at a movie theater or a meal at a decent restaurant, it sounds amazing. My 3e & 3.5e DMGs have facilitated years of entertainment. And if I pick up the 4e DMG, which I likely will, it will probably do so too. That's pretty damn good for $34.95.

Fair enough.

But when you look at the item above it and see $34.95 for 320 pages, well, $34.95 for only 224 pages seems pricey to me.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
WotC said one setting a year, starting with Forgotten Realms. I think Eberron is scheduled for 2009.

Remove ads