• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just ordered Mazes and Monsters DVD!

LeStryfe79

First Post
Hahahahaha!!!! Seriously I did. I can't explain it, but for some reason I love that movie. I figure that I'm probably crazy, but I like the idea of losing touch with reality. Most of the senile folks I meet are actually quite happy, and there's something super cool about a game that has that much power over us. I can only think of a handful of milestones in life that panned out as good as I hoped they would, so I choose to fantasize a lot about things. Its kinda funny, though, when I think about the ways D&D had a positive effect on my real life. The sense of friendship, imagination, and optimism I enjoy on a personal level would have been impossible without RPGs. I guess it goes to show that one person's trash is another one's treasure! :)

Rune

Once A Fool
Yeah, I've gotten game-ideas from that movie. The only part I thought could have been handled better was the part where the mother says she doesn't blame her son's friends for him going nuts (as if she really does) and, for some reason, they don't respond with, "That's okay. We don't blame you, either," as if they really do. Instead, they just kind of took it, like they really were to blame.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Hahahahaha!!!! Seriously I did. I can't explain it, but for some reason I love that movie. I figure that I'm probably crazy, but I like the idea of losing touch with reality. Most of the senile folks I meet are actually quite happy, and there's something super cool about a game that has that much power over us. I can only think of a handful of milestones in life that panned out as good as I hoped they would, so I choose to fantasize a lot about things. Its kinda funny, though, when I think about the ways D&D had a positive effect on my real life. The sense of friendship, imagination, and optimism I enjoy on a personal level would have been impossible without RPGs. I guess it goes to show that one person's trash is another one's treasure! :)

Don't forget to help out with the RPG based on the movie!! :D

Walking Dad

First Post
I think a Cthulhu- like game (madness rules) where you play students who are confronted with unreal (?) threads in steam tunnels during LARP could be really fun...

Remove ads