Just out of curiosity - 3.0, 3.5, or something in between.

Which version of D&D are you using ?

Votes: 22 21.6%

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • Some of both (i.e. - 3.25)

Votes: 38 37.3%

Psion

Adventurer
For the most part, I am using 3.0 + a few 3.5 classes and other changes. As most of you know, I HATE HATE HATE square facings. The spell changes that were essential I had already houseruled; many of the spell changes in 3.5 seem like they went on a frothing nerf-rampage. I am keeping some old skills for compatability purposes. Changes like weapon sizing seem nonsensical, and I LIKED cover and concealment before and don't see why they blurred it. Paladins as summoners is right out; I'll be using Grenn Ronin's Holy warriors.

Melkor

Explorer
Psion - You and I see eye to eye on most everything you said.
I'm actually keeping almost everything 3.0.

I like the "space" much better than "face"....I think it was even touched on for the first time in Savage Species (3.0). I am using 'squeezing' because it goes hand-in-hand with 'space'.

I'm going to change spells on a case by case basis, but not worry too much about it.....harm is the one that really sticks out at the moment.

Skills & Feats: I am keeping 3.0 skills & feats as they are. Just easier for me. If one of my players really wants a 3.5 feat, I'll look at it and decide then. I also like the -1 swim check for 5 lbs carried rule.

I'm not changing the weapons size rules. If I do, I will still be using the 3.0 Arms & Equipment guide rules to do so.

Cover & Concealment - this is such a minor thing it seems that they oversimplified it just to have something to change. It's a non issue, and easy to modify in 3.5 - but I liked the tables from 3.0 so I saw no point in changing it.

I'll be using the Dwarf movement rules from 3.5. Don't know about any other racial stuff.

I might change a couple of classes to their 3.5 versions.....to be determined. Still thinking on that one.

I'll be using the old MM and rules out of Savage Species. As for the new DR, I'll probably just use the old DR for now - that is until I see something that appears majorly broken to me.

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
When I speak of keeping old skills, I speak of keeping scry and intuit direction. I actually like the new skill descriptions, especially for knowledge.

Perform, I am grudgingly accepting. Not because I like it, but because it always seemed like an odd bird in 3.0. I'll apply the specialty house rules I use for knowledge, craft, and profession, though.

Mucknuggle

First Post
I use 3.25. Some of the 3.5 changes had me scratching my head. Some of the new stuff I really HATE and the new Perform doesn't really make sense. Just because you can play a violin well doesn't mean that you're good at playing a guitar or cello, but in 3.5, you're equally good at all of em.

Sanackranib

First Post
3.25 since some of the stuff I houseruled made it into 3.5 and some of the stuff in 3.5 I have updated to. havn't made a full conversion and some of the new stuff makes no sence whatsoever ie: horse and a 10x10 square??? having actually riden both a horse and in a stage coach I can say with confidance that this one is wrong. I guess that when I get around to buying the books and reading all the changes I will likely use most though.

diaglo

Adventurer
Original D&D(1974) is the only true game. All the other editions are poor imitations of the real thing.:D

but as a player of the new ed. i'm playing 3.11ed for Workgroups.

the Jester

Legend
In-game event triggered the change to 3.5 last night, around 7 pm. :) You can always trust the pcs to pull the lever/suppress the device/break the crystal/unlock the door and let crazy things happen...

Remove ads