Just out of curiosity - 3.0, 3.5, or something in between.

Which version of D&D are you using ?

Votes: 22 21.6%

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • Some of both (i.e. - 3.25)

Votes: 38 37.3%

Breakdaddy

First Post
3.5, but Im not into the cover and concealment rules, so I will keep 3.0 for that. Thats about all Ill keep from 3.0. I will probably allow a smattering of UA in my 3.5 game, as its been requested and Im taking it on a case by case basis.

Arnwyn

First Post
I'm using a horrible abomination called version 3.39.

All the 3.5 races, classes, skills, feats, and magic (spells and items) are in (I loved the weakening of magic).

I'm ignoring virtually the entire combat chapter (what's up with the oversimplifying of cover/concealment? I dumped that fast).

I've modified a few monsters (the removal of much of the spell-like abilities of outsiders, for example, was unacceptable to me). I use some square facings (worms and the like), but not others (10' x 10' ogres? Hell, no).

Other bits and pieces scattered about...

Psion

Adventurer
arnwyn said:
(what's up with the oversimplifying of cover/concealment? I dumped that fast).

Word!

I thought the old diagrams were cool and sensible, and made it very easy to use. (And M&M's diagram reflecting the same rule was beyond cool.)

A'koss

Explorer
Umm.... I'm using the 3.5e skills and feats, the AU spell system / combat elements, my own classes / house rules and some nibbles from Modern d20 and WoT.

What do you call that...? :p

Cheers,

A'koss.

Psion

Adventurer
Umm.... I'm using the 3.5e skills and feats, the AU spell system / combat elements, my own classes / house rules and some nibbles from Modern d20 and WoT.

What do you call that...?

Homebrew stew. ;)

3.0 or 3.5 or somethin in between

On the whole of things, I use 3.0. I've never had a problem with it and it DEFINITELY doesn't make sense to pay 60+ bucks for three new books simply because some people couldn't be creative in their games.
I haven't read much about the 3.5 but from what i hear, a lot of the stuff that got changed, I already houseruled. Hmm, lets see. Keep the houserules or pay 60+ bucks, house rule, 60+ bucks. I'm leaning towards house rules.
Right now, the only things from 3.5 that I use are the Ranger and the Survival skill. The Ranger, ironically enough, is almost identical to the one I designed and combining Wilderness Lore with Intuit Direction just makes sense for me. After going thru Boy Scouting til I achieved Eagle, I can see how they'd be "kind of" separate, but you definitely learn both at the same time. Thus, I use Survival.

Melkor

Explorer
Psion said:

Word!

I thought the old diagrams were cool and sensible, and made it very easy to use. (And M&M's diagram reflecting the same rule was beyond cool.)

I'll add a third "Amen" to that...I hate when things are oversimplified, and the little cover pictures were very cool. 3.0 Cover & Concealment all the way.

Melkor

Explorer
A'koss said:

What do you call that...? :p

Cheers,

A'koss.

I guess that would be "Something in between with a cherry on top (UA)".

:)

Remove ads