• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

KahunaCon '06 July 22nd and 23rd! slots still open! (greater Boston/Providence area)

Yttrai

First Post
Piratecat said:
All is right with the world!

Harumph.

Things i learned at Kahunacon today:

1. PCat's INT is higher than mine.

2. PCat's will save is higher than mine.

3. PCat's vindicitiveness is higher than mine.

*sigh*

All hail The Perfect Computer.

I feel so UNCLEAN.

:D

orchid blossom

Explorer
We're home, safe and sound. Traffic wasn't too bad, except for a car accident on the pike. Looked like a garden variety fender bender but people just had to slow down and look.

Thanks to Kahuna and Dave for hosting, and to everyone else for a great time. See you all again soon!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I had a great time! Thank you again - I'm just sorry I couldn't stay for all of the Feng Shui game. Someone will have to tell me what happened.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Gameday Quotes

First the Quotes of our Neptune Adventure game.

Doc (Qualidar): "Until the toxic gas arrives."

Mouth (Me): "We are not going back for the alien brain."

Ships Crew (DM, KahunaBurger): "For some reason, some people panic when we mention the Nova."

Swifty (CarlZog): "If we blow the observation dome we can get off the ship that way."

Flyboy (Orcid Blossom): "With the gravity working a little “wonky” it’s probably safest if I just turn it off completely."

Angel (Jani, the treekiller, don't ask): "Everybody out of my way (followed by a really good intimidate roll.)"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Thanks to all who came, not only did I get to have fun gaming, we have a bounty of leftover breakfast foods! :D Thanks to all who played in my horribly unprepared Alternity game (irony of the weekend, the secret twist was that it was a non-traditional adventure based on "The Posiden Adventure" in space. None of the players had ever seen the Posiden Adventure. :eek: ) and to all who had to put up with constant distractions from Kahuna Meatball. And of course to Dire Wolf for running a fun game (what I expereinced when not being distracted. :eek: )

ToddlerCon was also a success! :D It was great to finally meet Princess Peanut Bella, and while I suspect that she loves everyone, I still feel we hit it off well. ;) Kahuna Meatball shared relitively well, didn't hit Bella, and was reasonably cute.

Special thanks to Dire Wolf for bringing some "door prizes". Special nose smacking to me for forgetting about them till they were won by attrition. :heh:

Anti-Sean

First Post
Many, many, many thank yous are in order; most particularly to Kahuna Burger and Dave. Thank you so much for hosting the event!

Many, many thank yous to Piratecat, Yttrai and Qualidar for driving me to and from KahunaCon - you guys rocketh!

Many thanks to everyone who ran a game for the rest of us, and many thanks to the people that I had a chance to play with in the various games I took part in.

This was the first time that I've been to any con or gaming event of any sort aside from a D&D session with players that I already knew, and I had an absolute blast. I got to play two games that I've never played before but had always wanted to try, got a chance to meet some people that I knew online from the Circvs and ENW, as well as some people that I hadn't been fortunate enough to become acquainted with on the boards before this weekend. I'm very glad that I decided to attend - thanks again!

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
I had a great time! Thank you again - I'm just sorry I couldn't stay for all of the Feng Shui game. Someone will have to tell me what happened.
The good guys won, Helga making the ultimate sacrafice to defeat the traitor in the group's midst. The remaining three heroes went after the villain using creative modes of transportion (motorcycle, mountain bike, horse and jet pack). And the main villian was defeated when his helicopter was shot down and crashed in a major explosion (although afterwards his body was ever found.)

So thanks to the heroes the Washington D.C. survived, with the exception to the damage to the Hilton Hotel, the National Zoo (now minus one Panda), the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (maybe the Spirit of St. Louis can be repaired?), the Jefferson Memorial and the reflecting pool on the Mall.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
We just got home, after having to backtrack for forgetting the pack and play :\

Anyhoo, so glad we decided to make the trip. It was SO fun meeting new friends and seeing the old ones again.

All my games were awesome, much thanks to Kevin, Code Monkey (Ack, I don't remember your name!!), Alex and Rob. While all my games were great I particulary liked playing the young Underoo Avenger. Probably had something to do with purple unicorns :D That's of course because it's so easy for me to play a Happiness Officer and nap taking Captain!

Someone must have had it out for themselves, I had to sing in both of my Saturday games :confused:

Thank to the Kahuna Family for hosting this very cool and fun event. It was time for us to meet and I'm glad despite our rocky start at home we made it and completely enjoyed ourselves! And I got to meet so many new and cool people, I can't wait to be able to attend the next KahunaCon :cool:

Remove ads