• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

KahunaCon '06 July 22nd and 23rd! slots still open! (greater Boston/Providence area)

Warehouse23

First Post
Thanks for hosting, Kahuna-Krewe! I hope the blueberry bars met with approval on day 2.

If folks have any feedback about the Shadowrun adventure or are looking to get a monthly/twice monthly Shadowrun group in the Boston/Providence area going, drop me a line at elysiumjoe at g mail.com.

See everyone at the next Game Day!

Qualidar

First Post
I want to thank our hosts and our gm's, I had a great time. With the Alternity/Mekton/Serenity trifecta I had my own personal sci-fi-Kahuna-Con. Thanks. :D

~Qualidar~

CarlZog

Explorer
Hey guys:

Thanks for letting me swing by for a quick Alternity game. I wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks for running it KB!

Hope to see you all again at the next one and hopefully have a little more time to hang out.

Carl

Yttrai

First Post
Now that i've had a good night sleep, i can think clearly again.

Thanks so much, KB and Clashmore Dave. The Meatball is such a little ham.

It was so great to meet the new people: Anti-Sean, Queenie, Rob, Phil, and a few people i didn't get to play with. Welcome to the crack addiction that is ENworld gameday attendence.

Phil: you make the best fake sorority girl EVAR. Like.

And it was great to see the regulars as well. Whoever brought the homemade desserts, you can come over to my house whenever you want.

Thanks for making the trip, AO and Orchid. And for having the time to write a oneshot and make a 5 hour drive.

See you all next time!

ericpat

First Post
Big Thanks

I also want to post thank-yous to our hosts for opening their home to me, and to the GMs for entertaining me, and to Piratecat for transporting me when my car broke.

I enjoyed myself immensely; I’m looking forward to the next game day.

Thanks again to everyone!

orchid blossom

Explorer
Yttrai said:
Welcome to the crack addiction that is ENworld gameday attendence.

Thanks for making the trip, AO and Orchid. And for having the time to write a oneshot and make a 5 hour drive.

Not quite that long a drive, but well worth it for the gamer crack and the good company. I love the gaming but I love seeing all the great people even more.

Someday, someday I will become brave and try running something... like WEG Star Wars or my "Mistake at the Career Development Office," idea for a D&D game.

Anti-Sean

First Post
Pictures?

I might have been hallucinating due to a lack of sleep, but I thought that I remembered seeing a few camera flashes going off this weekend. Is anyone who took pictures this weekend interested in sharing them with the rest of the class?

-thinks they'll probably all be of Bella and the Meatball Spikey

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Anti-Sean said:
I might have been hallucinating due to a lack of sleep, but I thought that I remembered seeing a few camera flashes going off this weekend. Is anyone who took pictures this weekend interested in sharing them with the rest of the class?

-thinks they'll probably all be of Bella and the Meatball Spikey

Heh. Brought the camera, didn't take one picture. As usual.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
I had played a different Underoo Avengers Adventure last October (when the gameday was held at my house.) This was my second time playing Jared Dorf. Both times I have felt there was no point in playing an outcast, unless you have a super-secret-crush on the cute girl. So in Jared’s eyes Jillian can do no wrong. In the last game I was able to find moments to turn to Lily (the bully) and say things like “Doesn’t Jillian come up with the Best ideas?”

This time Jani (the treekiller, don't ask) played Lily (the Bully),
Queenie played Jillian (the Dreamer)
And someone I never met before, whose name I forget, did a great job playing Poindexter (the Nerd)

The game starts with MEGALAMAN zooming down from the sky to ask for our help (this is how all these adventures start).

I must admit I ended up grand-standing the game (although no-one actually complained)

In the Big Final Battle we were fighting some henchmen when Lily opened the gates to the “Big Boss’s Battleroom”. When that happened, the two gun turrets turned to point at the only hero near the center of the room, Jillian, who was currently fighting a henchman. The henchman and the two gun turrets all did damage to Jillian. Her hit point total went from 100 to 16 in one round, and the gun turrets would get to shoot again before her next move.

There was only 1 character with a move before the gun turrets, Jared. He could get to the henchman and probably take him out before he hurt Jillian, but there was no way he could get to either of the gun turrets, and if even one of them hit her she was a goner. The only thing he could do was to get the gun turrets to shoot at him instead of Jillian. On his character sheet it also mentions Jared’s weakness (all superheros have a weakness). He is very shy; if he is ever the center of attention he looses ALL HIS SUPER POWERS. It was a tough decision. Jared cried out “NOOOOO, YOU CAN’T DO THAT TO JILLY” and started beating the henchman with his bare fists, doing no real damage. This was not the Super-Secret-Ninja-Strike. The DM was surprised that I wasn’t doing the strike, till I explained. After I explained, Lily (Jani) started singing “Jilly & Jared sitting in the tree, K~I~S~S~I~N~G”

The henchman attacked me and missed (he rolled really badly). The first gun turret aimed at me and hit (bringing me down to 60 hit points. Okay. I admit, Jared was at full hit points and I was sure he could survive a whole round as a target.)

Then the second gun turret ignored me and shot Jillian for 25 damage. The DM then handed Jillian a “Get out of death free” card. All she had to do to have her character come back, with 50 hit points, was make up a “MEGALAMAN theme song”, then sing it for us. It turned out that this was a major challenge for Queenie (she is a bit shy about her singing) but she did it.

Now that Jillian was alright, Jared got his second action. He ran at the gun turret which shot Jillian, jumped acrobatically and took out the operator with the Super-Secret-Ninja-Strike.

Queenie did so well with the MEGALAMAN song that the DM let her bring her character back anywhere on the board. She chose an unoccupied gun turret and shot down the other turret operator. The next round Jared pointed the gun turret at the “Big Evil Bad Guy Boss” shot him twice, hit him both times, and both times the BEBGB's shield absorbed all the damage. Jillian shot at BEBGB his shield absorbed all that damage as well.

Jillian called out “What will we do?”
Jared called back “We’ll have to both shoot him at the same time, so we can do more damage than his shield can handle.”
Jillian then said “You think of the best ideas Jared.”
Jared started to blush, till Lily called out “Have you asked her out yet Jared?”
Poindexter started talking technobabble which confused the BEBGB.
Jared somehow resisted pointing the gun turret at Lily, and together Jared and Jillian hit the alien causing over 40 points of damage to get past his shield.

After a couple of rounds of combined attacks, the battle was won. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads