[KAUAI]The Rod of Seven Parts: Of Hexes and Gems

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Pilgrim: Kobold Paladin of Bahamut

Unphased by the gore, Pilgrim takes out his holy symbol and Prays, [Language=Draconic] "Blessed Bahamut master of all the world and Savior of all good peoples. I ask that you collect this human's soul and whisk him away to Mt. Celestia keeping him safe forever more."[/Draconic]
The young holy warrior then uses his sacred vision to see if there is any taint left from the spiders on the body or the area around him.

ooc: Using Detect Evil to scan for any evil energy left behind.

The yellow dog pads out from behind the bar and sits down with its tail tucked around its front legs directly behind Gamad.

Cheal and his two thugs remain on the floor of the Cockatrice, unconscious.

Frane is in the Courtyard being helped by the elf woman. Vaja is nowhere to be seen at the moment, but she'd run out of the Cockatrice to fetch the guard a bit earlier. Lowel is outside trying to calm the gathering throng of folk. Cicer, Tailleur, and the four thugs of Cheal's who fled are nowhere to be seen.

Gamad

Turning to Dter Gamad nods , then he shouts to the kobold in the kitchen
The other are gone chasing the creature, those three thugs on the floor will be awake soon, we must do something.
Hoping the other dwarf next to him will not insult him the albino Transmuter keeps his glance low enough to match his self esteem abd says quietly
I prefer being outside rather here when those are awake, as you can see there are no town guards in here, unless you can tie them up or do something else.
He takes a sip from one of the glasses, then raise to his feet from the tall human sized chair and make his way to Cheal while bracing his quarter staff.
Better leave them unconscious
He thinks to himself as he lands his staff on Cheal's head. (Subdual dmg) And that for calling me a freak!.

Ambrus

Explorer
Maelicent's bow creaks from the strain of being drawn back as he takes aim at the creature. Loosing the black fletched arrow with a soft thrum, the Gudwulf warrior continues advancing towards the wolf-spider, easily keeping pace with the lumbering giant-kin at his sides. In mid stride, Maelicent deftly reaches into his boot and draws a small-sized dagger, which he flips over in his right hand and holds out hilt first towards the talkative but cryptic giant-kin at his side. "Kobold's run off with my axe, but I figure you'd still do better with this than nothin." Why'd all these adventurers show up to a fight with nothin in hand?

Standard Action: Ranged attack with Point Blank Shot - composite longbow +7 (1d6+1)
Move Action: Moving 30-ft. while drawing and holding-out a dagger towards Voadam.
Free Action: Speaking.

Last edited:

Rino

First Post
Dter finishes his ale and moves to the door why is everybody is such a hurry, we, dwarves, need our ale. but well we might find some usefull items.

looks at the dwarf next to him well, you will cover my back will you when i'll be the first out the door, will you?

OOC: you asked for it

SlagMortar

First Post
As the spider races away, Brakkus follows as quickly as he can, keeping an eye out for any horses tied up outside that he could commandeer. He savagely swings his flail at the creature on any chance he gets.

OOC: If a horse is available, Brakkus will draw his dagger while moving toward it, drop his flail, cut the rope, and attempt to mount as a free action. That using as many actions as necessary.

BRP2

First Post
Lewit while chasing the creature, turns his head slightly to get a look at Maelicent, Voadam, and Brakkus. This is odd... more than I expected came. It'll be harder to get answers from this spidery thing, if one happens to kill it. That fellow closest to me can speak it's language I believe, so I guess I'll require him anyway. More importantly, I might be unable to catch it. I hope I can reach it in time before this becomes boring. Either way, perhaps I want that wand, could lead to some fun.

He yells out loudly in a somewhat commanding tone, however with his usual sensitivity, We are not going to kill this thing. Simply, knock it out and then there will be questioning... so no lethal force. With that said, he begins to run at his maximum capacity.

Need to try to stop it. This shouldn't kill it... I think.

(Even if it takes him two turns to do so) He slowly returns the rapier to his belt and pulls out a dagger that is concealed under forearm. As soon as he is in a close enough range(under 20 feet), he throws it at the demon.

The spider draws AoO from Lewit, Voadam, and Brakkus at the end of Round 2.

As the blue-and-purple-mottled spider streaks away from Lewit, Voadam, and Brakkus, all three react on instinct. Lewit performs a basic riposte and attempts to skewer the fleeing spider in the same manner that he did the other fiend. Lewit's lunge misses. Voadam whirls a roundhouse kick at the fleeing spider. The heel of Voadam's boot crunches through the spider's exterior, causing not only his boot but bits of the spider's exoskeleton to shard inward and stab the beast's innards. The kick deals 7 points of damage to the spider, felling the creature to the cobblestoned byway. Brakkus is only slightly slower than the first two, but his flail carves a deadly arc. The ball of the weapon smashes through the top of the spider's thorax and deals 10 points of damage. The spider curls into a tight ball, its legs curling inward and reflexively jerking a time or two before the beast ceases movement altogether.

*************************************Encounter 2, Round 3***********************************

Lewit yells for the spider to be spared, but too late. Shoving his rapier into his belt sheath and drawing a concealed dagger, Lewit raises his dagger high in preparation to throw the weapon.

Pilgrim centers himself and, drawing upon the power granted him by the divine grace of Bahamut, scans the room for the presence of evil. Atune to the wishes of his patron, Pilgrim immediately senses the presence of evil.

Voadam, not satisfied at having felled the spider, waves away the dagger proffered by Maelicent. "A dagger can be dropped, but I'm not so easily divested of my fists and feet." Voadam crouches down and begins to conduct a thorough search of the fiend's remains.

The spider's death changes the landscape. Pause here, mid-round, to let Maelicent and Brakkus re-declare actions for Round 3. Dter and Gamad, your stated actions are just fine.

SlagMortar

First Post
Brakkus drops his left arm from its hold on his flail, wincing in pain from the nasty bite in his shoulder. He gives Lewit a sidelong glance and says with a smile, "When you're bleeding and I'm fine, then you can decide whether I strike to kill or not. Good work everyone. You've saved any number of lives by preventing this thing's escape. Let's get back inside an make sure that wand they were after is still there." He puts words into action and heads back toward the Golden Cockatrice.

As Gamad and Dter begin to head out of the tavern, Brakkus says, "Nice of you to join us. What of Cheal and his men?"

OOC: I'm assuming the attacks of opportunity happened pretty much simultaneously so there was no time for Brakkus to hold off hitting.

Ambrus

Explorer
Seeing that the three giant-kin have already dealt with the third spider-thing, Maelicent causes his dagger to disappear into his boot as he quickly scans the large room for threats. There were three human giant-kin gathered around the dying creature, three more lying on the floor seemingly asleep and two dwaven giant-kin at the drinking-wall with a tame mongrel-wolf at their feet. Seeing as how they all looked much the same to him, the goblin warrior hesitated to attack any of them for fear of bringing the wrath of the others down upon him. Best to let the giant-kin sort it out amongst themselves and simply fall back to a safe position, lest they band together and turn on him – the only outsider left in the room.

Keeping to the shadows beneath the hut-sized tables and and over-large perching-ladders, the Gudwulf warrior makes his way back towards the kitchen in search of the lizard-kin who ran off with his axe.

Double Move Action

Last edited:

Remove ads