[KAUAI]The Rod of Seven Parts: Of Hexes and Gems

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Pilgrim: Kobold Paladin of Bahamut

Sensing the touch of evil in the air Pilgrim opens his eyes as wide as he can and continues to use the magic of his Draconian lord to root out the taint. "Bahamut, Reveal the corruption to my eyes!" He calls out in Draconic.

ooc: He will continue to scan until ne knows what is going on.

Round 3, continued from mid-round....

Maelicent stows his dagger and, bow in hand, returns inside the festhall. Using the tables and chairs to shield himself from view, the goblin runs back to the kitchen, where he finds the kobold standing sharply erect and looking about the kitchen in a queer sort of way. The kobold has Maelicent's axe in hand, and the cook, who looks to be thoroughly and utterly dead, lays slumped across the kitchen's work station. A pool of dark blood thickens, a skin forming on its top, on the kitchen's floor near the cook.

Gamad yells to Pilgrim, who is still in the kitchen and only lately joined by Maelicent, that the three thugs will soon be awake and that something must be done. Lowering his eyes to the floor and taking a sip from his tankard, Gamad mutters something about not wanting to be around when the Guard arrives and hops down off his seat at the bar. Bracing his quarterstaff, Gamad raises the weapon and brings it down with a smash directly on the unconscious Cheal's head. The human target makes not a single noise, but a very large goose egg of a knot soon forms where Gamad hit him.

End of initiative. Post at will.

Pilgrim continues to concentrate on his divine vision. Turning a thorough 360 degree circle, and concentrating for several long sequential seconds, Pilgrim discerns numerous auras. No surprise to him, Maelicent radiates faint evil. Bahamut's divine power is unblocked by the simple woodwork of the festhall and Pilgrim notes that both of the black hairy wolf spiders dead in the common room radiate moderate auras of evil. Something outside the kitchen's open back door radiates a faint aura of evil. From his vantage point in the kitchen, the strongest auras noted by Pilgrim are the two dead wolf spiders. Both radiate evil of the exact same strength.

Argent Silvermage

First Post

"There is something wrong outside. Gamed, could you acompany me?" Pilgrim says and starts walking out the back kitchen door. His hand axe held ready for another spider-demon.

I was expecting this to be another day of watching and waiting for something to happen. Or the Goblin to finally snap and start attacking the humans. This I was NOT expecting. The Knight thinks to himself.

Ambrus

Explorer
Maelicent steps forward into the kitchen to see the kobold, axe in hand standing next to a slain giant-kin. The goblin warrior draws and knocks an arrow should the excitable creature turn on him for some reason. Maelicent motions towards the bloody carcass with with his arrow tip. "I think ye got em good. If ye be done butcherin im, I'd be takin me axe back..." When Pilgrim yells back over the goblin's head and turns to head out the back door, Maelicent starts after the kobold. "Hey!"

Gamad

Looking to where the kobold stands the albino dwarfs shrugs, mutters under his breath and land his quarter stuff on the other thugs. [subdual dmg to both thugs] he then make his way to the kitchen, just to stop for a second beside Dter.
Keep and eye on the humans over there.
He nods to the thugs and circles the bar, reaching to the kitchen's door he stops and stare and the cook and gives a long glance at the dead spider, trying to determine their origin. [a Knowledge skill?]

SlagMortar

First Post
Brakkus moves to Dter, "You mentioned you could see to this wound? It burns like a son-of-a-gun. I've got some rope on my horse out back." If the stable is nearby, he will stop off and get Chop Liver so that the rest of his equipment is handy. If the shortest way to the stable is out the kitchen then he follows the others out the back door.

BRP2

First Post
H. Lewit, after returning his dagger to his forearm, calmly returns to the his table and put away his chess pieces and board. He ignores everyone around him while he does so. Stren He slowly moves towards the location of the rod to examine it or interact with anyone who currently holds it.

Gamad pummels the remaining two thugs, then after seeing that the pair look good and knocked out for the time being at least, trails after Pilgrim and Maelicent. Gamad pauses a moment to have a quick look at the two dead spiders inside the festhall. Neither is within his body of knowledge, but then again, neither is an aberration of nature, nor does either look to be a mere mistake from a wizard's laboratory. The spiders came from somewhere, but as to where, Gamad finds himself unsure. Inside the gambling hall, Lewit folds and stows his chessboard and gaming pieces. Having earlier seen Gamad summon and stow the wand, Lewit makes after Gamad.

Pilgrim, who is trailed by first Maelicent, then Gamad, Brakkus, and H. Lewit in quick succession, exits the kitchen and finds himself standing out back the Cockatrice. A narrow section of greenery replete with cook's herbs, a small vegetable garden, an outhouse, and a three-stall stable are wedged behind the festhall and the nearest neighboring building on the adjoining street. Pilgrim spies the lingering aura, faint, of what may have been the presence of an item or a spell. Whatever it was, it was cast in the middle of the garden. Judging by the rows of trampled leafy greens, someone has thrashed about and trod all over the garden.

Brakkus is the first to notice that the stable boy lies dead in front of Chop Liver's stall. Judging by the whites of his eyes showing wide and the nearly kicked in stall door, the horse is panicked. The creature kicks violently at the back of its stall, sending a groaning shudder through the ramshackle wooden stable. The noise is unavoidable and everyone plainly hears it.

Argent Silvermage

First Post

The Kobold shields his eyes as best he can from the Sun and looks around. "The Grace of Bahamut allows me to see the taint of evil (looks sidways at Mealicent) in the area. I would say this is where the spell was cast to conjure the demons. As Traven was in the Inn with us when they attacked, I would say we have at least one more evil to tend to." He step/hops to the center of the Garden and scans the area further hoping to get a sense of any further trouble.

ooc: Pilgrim will continue to scan with his Detect Evil.

Gamad - albino deformed dwarf Transmuter

I thank thy again humans.
Says Gamad to Brakkus and Lewit as they follow him and the two demihumans to the back yard. His face is still shadowed by the hood by a glimpse of a battered like dwarven face can be seen, or maybe it's just his original face.
I wonder what to the wand and the incident that took place a moment ago, there is something in the wand that might be magical, as I can't explain why those spidery demons were after this item.
He caught, spits a large chunk of mucous and blood and continues.
Catching the human who sat with you (he refers to Rancid)
He says to Lewit
Is a good way to understand it but I can try to determine the nature of the stick with magic. Help and guarding will be most welcome.

Remove ads