Keep on Shadowfell pre gen PC's

Darkwolf71

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
Or you could save the adventure until after the core books come out and let everyone make their own PC.

:uhoh: What?! That's what I plan to do. :)
Unless you are going to use the adventure experience to make a final decision about buying the core books.

Which is what I plan to do. :\

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Froim all TSR/WOTC and what I saw in rl and internet, most playing groups are around... 3 to six guys.

5 is a good number as many, albeit I was always amazed that early editions adventures offered.. like... twenties pregens. o.o Simple, very undetailed ones, of course.

Ian Demagi

Explorer
My guess at the 5

Dragon Born Fighter
Eladrin Wizard
Dwarven Cleric
Human or Halfling Rogue
Tiefling Warlock

I think that one poster is right that they will want to show off the new races of DragonBorn , Tiefling, and Eladrin. I think the 5 classes are the ones that are "done" in Races and Classes which were Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, Rogue, and Warlock.

DragonBorn Looks like a good fighter or leader class so it could swap with the dwarven Cleric to fighter. Eladrin seem to be made for the wizard class, and tieflings seem taylored out for warlock. That just leaves the rogue who could be any of a number, but I would bet on a least one human, but halflings also got a face lift. I also think the party composition will be :

Defender
Leader
Controller
Striker 1
Striker 2

But I am just guessing. I would bet the module is already at the printer so to speak. I wish this was coming out sooner, and I believe that this is a marketing mistake. Ian.

Nymrohd

First Post
Well you can start early and let the players rebuild their characters after they have read through the PHB a few times and know their way around it.

eleran

First Post
SoulsFury said:
I hope there is more than 5... I'm sure my players will argue over the 5.

Since everyone in our group has been to GenCon and played in rpg tourneys, I plan to kick it old school and have the characters already sitting at each respective players spot at the table before they arrive. I won't even necessarily know which character goes to which player. Then they will sit down and flip over their character sheets and we get started.

Simm

First Post
I for one suspet that there will be more than five characters. I remember the beginner set from 3e whaich stated up every PHB exemplar character and suspect they will do the same. So I expect to see at least one of every class and one human and one non human member for each of the major classes.

Based on the above I predict
Human and dwarf fighter
Human and halfling rogue
Human and Eladrin wizard
Human and somthing cleric
Tiefling Warlock
Human Warlord
Elf ranger

Remathilis

Legend
I'm with Sitara: the core classes will be in.

My guess/hope:

Human Fighter
Eladrin Wizard
Halfling Rogue
Tiefling Warlock
Dwarf Cleric

Remove ads